Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Chadly's VP Berlina

LightningVP

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VY II 5.7 SV8
yeah the ones im putting in the door will be in the airvent and the speaker pod. I managed to get speaker wire in the door fairly well so it should be the same with the led wire i hope

yeah, most of my LEDs are running off speaker wire...it's easier than running 2 seperate wires (or finding a spot to put the ground on the chassis) and you don't need thick wire...

But apart from the getting wire into engine bay, is there any other pics, How Tos you want me to talk you through?

LightningVP

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VY II 5.7 SV8
Nobody needs this many lights inside a car!! Buy a civic!

If he wants lights he can have lights...what difference would putting them on a civic make? there both MADE in Australia...

Noone actually NEEDS a car with 400hp....

savage1987

Donating Member
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Members Ride
LS1 VN + WK Grange 0010 + HPW VX SS
lol no difference i had a mate who liked lights all over his car, he had a civic. unrelated really :)

and yes I do need a car with 400hp, to pass all those quarry trucks so it doesn't take me 20minutes longer to get to work every day :eek:

LightningVP

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VY II 5.7 SV8
lol no difference i had a mate who liked lights all over his car, he had a civic. unrelated really :)

and yes I do need a car with 400hp, to pass all those quarry trucks so it doesn't take me 20minutes longer to get to work every day :eek:

lol if I could get to work 20min earlier, I'd live there :p lol, although depending on my mood and time of day i can get there in 12 :whistling

LightningVP

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VY II 5.7 SV8
Hey mate, took a couple of photos of where I put my wires...First on is the black runner thing I was telling you about, I only got outside photos as I have to take the neons off from under the dash to move the carpet, which is a pain, but it looks the same from the inside....

The next two (Not the best option) is the hole for the manual pedal (I don't have a manual so I can use this hole) it's stightly easier to get wires through as it's a softer rubber, but easier than going to the passenger side of the car to the hole over there, then back to the drivers side...

And the final is where I wold suggest putting the neon for the grill. You would need to use a flexable LED tube, but with the grill style yo have I'm not sure how it wold look...As with mine, it would shine on the grill and light the whole thing up...Why havn't I done it yet :| lol

savage1987

Donating Member
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Members Ride
Just a quick suggestion.. put the front neon behind the topmost bit of solid bumper, if you know what I mean.. this way you'll end up with a good soft glow visible at night through all the front bar gaps and no angle will just be brutal neon-in-face.

LightningVP

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VY II 5.7 SV8
May be illegal in WA...some states require that you can only have them facing down...

savage1987

Donating Member
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Members Ride
That's why i suggested that it be hidden inside a bumper recess so you never get neon shining directly out anywhere, just the soft glow

and yea neons are a bit touch n go anywhere on the outside of a car.. if someone really wants to they can sticker you for them, but as with anything else if you generally behave urself you tend to get left alone.

Sam