Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Charged and Cammed VZ

Harris

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SS
Some goodies turned up today. The cover looks mint to bad its under the car. Cant wait to get some 3.9s in the big girl.

Attachments

• Photo0049.jpg
    Photo0049.jpg
    122 KB · Views: 248

Jesterarts

Your freedom ends where mine begins
Reaction score
Members Ride
2010 Nissan X-Trail ST-L
Jerk! Can't beleive you got your harrop cover before me. :p

That a trutrac beside it?

I should have my cover by Sept.

Cava454

Reaction score
Members Ride
VR SS, VZ SS
U will love the true track mate. Best thing I put in my diff.

NVMYVT

Reaction score
Members Ride
04 vz clubsport, 6L M6
You could do better then $1500 me thinks. The gears are $450ish.

So they are charging $1000 for bearings etc and labour.

Just picks of the quick connectors u used etc.

ummm thats for ebay specials maybe, genuine 3.7 3.9 gears are closer to the $800 mark

just read the thread harris, nice car mate,

Cava454

Reaction score
Members Ride
VR SS, VZ SS
ummm thats for ebay specials maybe, genuine 3.7 3.9 gears are closer to the $800 mark

just read the thread harris, nice car mate,

Yeah I no how much gears are. If that price was non genuine gears $1550 it still. Abit steep. Just highlighting they were charging $1000 for labour and bearings, which are $150, say $200 on a bad day. $800 labour is pretty steep. It's not rocker science to build a diff. Around $500 labour is fair.

VS 5.0

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV Z Series M6
Another member (scvs6) on here recently had a true trac put in. Apparently mates rates was $500 which included machining the pinion 2mm, new carrier bearings, new bushes for the lower control arms (ones in the diff housing), new gasket and backing plate. That was in Vic.

And for those that aren't in WA.....don't forget that every pr*ck over here wants to earn mining $$$ no matter what they do.

Harris

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SS
I got a price through my part suppliers 900 to me. They dont do much of that stuff tho. with extra oil that harrop cover holds be bout grand so not much labour 500-600 Also they will calibrate speedo which i would not be able to do.

Thanks for the feedback guys car is nice but always want more. MONSTER brakes next 380mm or 400mm 8 pots if they fit.

Harris

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SS
Havnt been on here in a wile. The diff is still sitting on the floor waiting to be fitted just need some gears and some money.. Had some trouble with the computer but all fixed now thats where my diff money went. Now the next mod should be a lsx long motor. What would use have to say about the New lsx 376 from gm performace with fully forged internals and the heads have more head bolts built for 15psi should get it here for 9 grand.