Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Charging problems

Lex

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Executive S1 V6 6 speed Auto Wagon
Ok mate managed to find a good working alternator, swapped it over and its charging 14.7v to the battery. So wreckers sold me something that doesn't work, for the price they charge they should have tested it before wasting my time.
Good to know that everything else still works after battery connected to the wrong terminals.
Thanks for the help
Does it start now?

vc commodore

Reaction score
Members Ride
VC, VH and VY
Ok mate managed to find a good working alternator, swapped it over and its charging 14.7v to the battery. So wreckers sold me something that doesn't work, for the price they charge they should have tested it before wasting my time.
Good to know that everything else still works after battery connected to the wrong terminals.
Thanks for the help

Fair go buddy......Wreckers generally give a warranty on parts, so no need to slam them....Just like new parts, you never know if it's going to work or be a dud....You just got unlucky.....Just take it back and I'm sure they'll replace it

wayne0

Reaction score
Members Ride
vt 5.7 series III 6sp
Fair go buddy......Wreckers generally give a warranty on parts, so no need to slam them....Just like new parts, you never know if it's going to work or be a dud....You just got unlucky.....Just take it back and I'm sure they'll replace it
it is a problem when its a 90min round trip to the wreckers yard, will buy new next time as wreckers charge 1/2 price of a new one and give you a 20yr old part.

vc commodore

Reaction score
Members Ride
VC, VH and VY
it is a problem when its a 90min round trip to the wreckers yard, will buy new next time as wreckers charge 1/2 price of a new one and give you a 20yr old part.

So you expect a wrecker to cater for you, just in case......Be realistic mate.

I've bought new parts, where I have had to travel to collect them, only to find out they are stuffed.

Poor baby travelling 90 minutes to collect parts.....I had to do a 500K round trip, to buy for my VC, headlights, indicators, headlight wiper motors with arms and a stuffed brake booster.....

If anything, doing that trip was a good excuse to get away, morre than the disappointment of getting a rooted brake booster.

At the end of the day, a wrecker is there to supply parts, with a refund or exchange warranty at a cheaper price than new.....If you don't want 2nd hand, stump up the dollars for new and hope to hell that it works

Last edited: