Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Cheap leagal way to lower car

vr1uz-fe

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
vr berlina
Correct, but not what was being discussed :p

To vr1uz-fe;
Why didn't you return to the forum under your original username, Dynoryder? Forgot your password, or justs wanted to be a different suspension mechanic? :p

who is this dynoryder you talk of never heard of him

Trennaa

Reaction score
Members Ride
Qwerty
Thread digging 5 years ago, only coz this pops up in my email from previosu thread digs lol..

The safest way to lower *any* car is to go get it done professionally at a suspension workshop, or most tyre shops with proper coils, shock absorbers, replacement bushes (that may be worn) and camber kits/sway bars (if necessary). I say workshops that was generally the work is guaranteed and if anything goes wrong, you can go back to them..

HOWEVER the CHEAPEST way would be to just simple removing the coils itself.. presents a SACKED car no doubt, but also gives basically un-drivable rear suspension and the comfort would be zero, not to say highly illegal and dangerous.

uncletoaster93

Reaction score
Members Ride
2004 v6 vy commodore executive
04 vy commodore

Need help fullas, want to lower my 04 vy the easy, but decent and safe way.. dont want stupid replies, serious ideas, and as always with everything money is a problem

hakhawk

smooth moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
BMW E21 320i, E36 "318IS" coupe
Need help fullas, want to lower my 04 vy the easy, but decent and safe way.. dont want stupid replies, serious ideas, and as always with everything money is a problem

king springs + monroe shocks. buy them off ebay, can try and find springs cheaper second hand.

install yourself if competent

Towcar

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Berlina Wagon
holy crap bi-gazza, I assume that is what your name means.

What a bit of crap advise, ah my m8z did it so itz cool eh, are your mates as well educated as you? I would guess so.

To the OP FFS $400 for king springs, it is really that much, $200 for second hand? Just not worth discussing when you are only talking so little.