Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Cheap OTR intake

Michael-08-VE

Reaction score
Members Ride
Ve commodore
They're not too bad built quality, they don't fit the mafs that are one peice tube, if your maf screws in it'll fit.

Capsule

Reaction score
Members Ride
MY09 VE Omega
It looks more like a "in front of the radiator" CAI than an OTR one ... + you don't get a K&N filter with that.
Good luck finding a replacement filter, or is it washable? it says nothing about it, just that you can choose from 2 colors that you won't see anymore once installed, great feature!

You can find a used Orssom for around 400 bucks, probably a better investment than wasting your money on a cheap knockoff.

klavins

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE International Wagon MY09.5
It looks more like a "in front of the radiator" CAI than an OTR one ... + you don't get a K&N filter with that.
Good luck finding a replacement filter, or is it washable? it says nothing about it, just that you can choose from 2 colors that you won't see anymore once installed, great feature!

You can find a used Orssom for around 400 bucks, probably a better investment than wasting your money on a cheap knockoff.

Hmm, I did think about the filter aspect. I was planning on getting an Orssom OTR, just wondering about the cheaper ones.

klavins

Reaction score
Members Ride
Also, what's the difference between the V8 and V6 OTR intakes? Why wouldn't a V8 OTR fit on a V6? I've seen quite a few V8 intakes for sale but almost none for the V6.

vongy10

Reaction score
Members Ride
CV8 Monaro V2
Also, what's the difference between the V8 and V6 OTR intakes? Why wouldn't a V8 OTR fit on a V6? I've seen quite a few V8 intakes for sale but almost none for the V6.

The V8's have a bigger throttle body.

klavins

Reaction score
Members Ride

Figured that'd be the case. I'm guessing there's on way of fitting a V8 intake to a V6 then :/
Anyone made the pipe stretch over the V8 intake from the V6 throttle body? I'm thinking heating up the rubber pipe at the intake end would allow it to be stretched over?

klavins

Reaction score
Members Ride

Figured that'd be the case. I'm guessing there's on way of fitting a V8 intake to a V6 then :/
Anyone made the pipe stretch over the V8 intake from the V6 throttle body? I'm thinking heating up the rubber pipe at the intake end would allow it to be stretched over?