Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Check engine light keeps coming on

08sscommodore

Reaction score
Members Ride
08 ss commodore
Hey dudes and dudettes
I just bought an 08 ss commodore, had it for 2 weeks and it's been back to the Holden dealer 4 times already because the check engine light keeps coming on.
The first time it come on there was no change in the way it drove, the light just came on so I took it back and they "fixed" it. Drove it out the gates of the dealership and it came on Straight away,took it back and they said it was o2 sensors, so they changed them all. Same thing happend, took it back and the said it was something to do with the sports exhaust system.anyway they've changed spark plugs ,injectors and a bunch of other s**t in the last two visits cos the esp turned itself off and it was running choppy as hell,
Got it back on the Friday afternoon it's running smooth as now apart from idoling at 500 rpm but by Saturday arvo the light came on again. I've been reading a bunch of threads just for the piece of mind and I'm hoping I haven't bought myself a lemon!
My battery is sitting on 12.3 when it's turned off and 14.7 when running. My revs are sitting on 500 rpm when idoling which seems a bit low cos when I stop at the lights or just have it Idoling it feels like it's about to conk out but it doesn't and the wheel alignment is out abit and it has a slight pull to the left..... If any one has some feed back that I could pass on to the holden guys which they probly wouldn't like cos I'm a butcher not a mechanic haha it would be much appreciated oh and sorry if this seems like a bit of a novel to read, cheers guys

BlackVXGTS

Reaction score
Members Ride
GEN-F2 GTS A6, VS Clubsport 185 A4
Next time you take it there, ask them to tell you the specific trouble code numbers that are causing the engine light to come on. Alternatively, maybe some members in the Bunbury area with a Tech2 (or equivalent) scan tool may be able to help you.

08sscommodore

Reaction score
Members Ride
08 ss commodore
Sorry man don't even know what iat or otr means, this is my first v8 I've owned, not very mechanically minded

08sscommodore

Reaction score
Members Ride
08 ss commodore
Next time you take it there, ask them to tell you the specific trouble code numbers that are causing the engine light to come on. Alternatively, maybe some members in the Bunbury area with a Tech2 (or equivalent) scan tool may be able to help you.

Will do but don't like my chances, just by going off reading other threads they don't like giving out codes,
Cheers for the advice mate