Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Checking your Computer for Faults (VN - VP)

wrxstippp

Reaction score
Members Ride
vr
sorry for dumb question but does this do v6 v8 or both models?

Joshofbass

Reaction score
Members Ride
VN Executive
I have looked around all the plugs and sockets described above on my vn executive, but I can't find a 6pin plug. The only one that comes close is a 5 pin block that does have a pair of black and white wires. But shorting them gives no response...

What am I doing wrong?

delcowizzid

on holiday
Reaction score
Members Ride
в∞ѕтεכ √&
should look like this bridge a and b and turn the key till the ignition lights turn on

Attachments

• con6pin.gif
    con6pin.gif
    2.2 KB · Views: 619

Joshofbass

Reaction score
Members Ride
VN Executive
Cheers, just worked out that I was slightly in the wrong place... Its behind the panel on the left wall below the glovebox.

delcowizzid

on holiday
Reaction score
Members Ride
в∞ѕтεכ √&
unpl;ug the battery for a minute then plug it in and go for a drive to log any codes and recheck for the new codes

phayZd

phayZd
Reaction score
Members Ride
82 VP Berlina Commodore

Hey guys, topic has been dead for a while but i need some help
I'm in the same boat as "Joshofbass" but not sure if im looking in the wrong place or not! I took a pic of what i was doing, bridging the black and white wires (A & B, on the diagram posted.. i think)
A little help please! and thankyou!

Attachments

• Image_118.jpg
    Image_118.jpg
    34 KB · Views: 1,565

delcowizzid

on holiday
Reaction score
Members Ride
в∞ѕтεכ √&
thats not the aldl plug

VNSV6

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS 5.0L BT1
OK so i got the error Code 34 - Manifold Absolute Pressure Sensor (MAP) - Voltage Too Low, for my V6 S2 VN S, any ideas how to fix this?

Wrathlon

Reaction score
Members Ride
VN Commodore Wagon
Hey guys,

Thanks fort this - helped a lot when diagnosing :)

One thing to note though - my ECU was stuffed - and the engine lamp would stay on, and not flash any codes at all. Replaced it, and all was good :)

I know this is old but this post is the only reference to these symptoms I could fine.

Just confirming this is indeed symptomatic of a dead ECU.

My check engine light would intermittently come on and go off and when it was on the car ran like a pile of fail. Decided to figure out WTF was going on and found this thread, the diagnostic test did nothing - check engine light stayed on solid and thermo fans started up. Dropped the battery to reset the ECU and it kept coming back with check engine light on solid and thermo fans always on. Decided to leave the battery out overnight to be certain and same again in the morning.

Called around a few wreckers and got a few quotes for $40 and one for $90 (Yeah GL with that) but none wanted to let me test it. Garden City Wreckers in Geelong did one for $35 and let me test it out first. Straight away no check engine light and when I did the diagnostic test flashed up 3xCode 12. Chucked my old one back on for one last test and still no codes, engine light always on, running like crap.

So if yours doesn't give any codes and stays solid on and the thermo fans come on even before you start the car, chances are it's a faulty ECU.