Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Chev badges on Holdens

What do you think about Chev badges on a Holden?

• Silly

Votes: 316 84.5%
  • Cool

Votes: 34 9.1%
  • Undecided

Votes: 24 6.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

*uwishn*

Holden special vehicles
Reaction score
Members Ride
vl walkinshaw(replica)nissan navara d40 st-x turbo
Since when was anyone talking about HSV?
i thought he meant the vx was the first model released with the 5.7.
though to answer your question,there wasn't many povo packs made,so i assumed he meant hsv,my bad!

Reaper

Tells it like it is.
Reaction score
Members Ride
RG Z71 Colorado, 120 Prado , VDJ200, Vantage
I know it's old but meh

This is what you said, and i proved that several engines in Holdens in fact do originate from Chevrolets.

Actually they originate from GM Powertrain and have done for over a decade now. Yeah he was out for a troll and could have set you straight (fully) way earlier but what he said was indeed correct.

Powertrain Overview

Reaper

Jesterarts

Your freedom ends where mine begins
Reaction score
Members Ride
2010 Nissan X-Trail ST-L
I like it how people use wiki to back their facts. :)

Merc1

Reaction score
Just South Of The Black Stump, Near The Rabbit Pro
Members Ride
Camel 'coz The Horse 'n' Buggy Croaked
i thought he meant the vx was the first model released with the 5.7.
though to answer your question,there wasn't many povo packs made,so i assumed he meant hsv,my bad!

Sorry mate,
Should have made my post a bit more clearer, will do that next time. I was just trying to
point out that apparently the Chev motor was used, I am not a fan of Chev badges on holdens, but to each his own !!

Cheers Merc

Last edited:

GEN3RATD

100% Teflon
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Maloo
the thing that suprizes me is that everyone hates on chevy badges so much yet i see so many of them.

they must have a fanbase somewhere

Sokoza

Beep Beep
Reaction score
Members Ride
'92 VP GTS
My hatred of Chev badges grows stronger every time I see one. Atleast I have been informed some of the crap taste has been rubbing off onto Fords now with Falcons with Mustang badges being sighted.

Jesterarts

Your freedom ends where mine begins
Reaction score
Members Ride
2010 Nissan X-Trail ST-L
Sorry mate,
Should have made my post a bit more clearer, will do that next time. I was just trying to
point out that apparently the Chev motor was used, I am not a fan of Chev badges on holdens, but to each his own !!

Cheers Merc

No such thing as a Chev motor. The LS1 was designed with the Corvette as the primary vehicle to receive it, as well as other GM performance cars like the Pontiac Trans Am. As said, this is not a Chev engine, it's a GM engine that was designed originally with the F-Body GM vehicles in mind.

Jonah 101

Undefined
Reaction score
Members Ride
R32 Skyline
Can someone put this straight for me?

I was certain that the Holden 5L v8, was Holdens own motor, not GM or Chevrolet. But I was talking to my mates dad (devout Ford fan) and he said it was Chev. I argued with him but he wasn't convinced.

Some whats the truth?

Reaper

Tells it like it is.
Reaction score
Members Ride
RG Z71 Colorado, 120 Prado , VDJ200, Vantage
Can someone put this straight for me?

I was certain that the Holden 5L v8, was Holdens own motor, not GM or Chevrolet. But I was talking to my mates dad (devout Ford fan) and he said it was Chev. I argued with him but he wasn't convinced.

Some whats the truth?

As in the thing that dates back to the old 253/308?? 100% Holden. Holden started design on it in the mid 60's and once released it ran all the way to the end of the VT series I with many upgrades along the way. Although it didn't share many (any??) parts with Chev motors of the day, several were interchangeable.

The history of the Holden V8 is probably for a thread of it's own if you are interested.

Reaper