Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Claybar convert

showbags

SENIOR EL'BAGO
Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Calais, BMW 135 m sport
What do you use to dry it bags?

These.
3a2a4e4y.jpg

Sandman

Challenge Accepted
Reaction score
Members Ride
Too many
Cheers mate, been using a SCA one which is ok but not fantastic. Will grab some of them with my next order.

showbags

SENIOR EL'BAGO
Reaction score
Members Ride
I found the SCA ones to be a little harsh and not particularly absorbent. The mint one are super soft.

Sandman

Challenge Accepted
Reaction score
Members Ride
Too many
Not particularly absorbent pretty well sums it up, but it was like $3 so I thought I'd give it a try. But the mint ones are on my list now.

Cava454

Reaction score
Members Ride
VR SS, VZ SS
Use the bulk microfiber pack that supercheap sell. They work a treat and heaps cheaper then name brands

NickVR

Reaction score
Members Ride
VR Executive A4 V8
My VE is waxed and after wash and chamois use quick detailer which works good.
Only thing is say I rinse bird crap off a panel I get water marks so next wash and chamois some of the water marks need a bit more work with the quick detailer. OK clay bar is to clean paint will it work the same with a wax coating? Like will it take the wax off abit?
I understand that with the clean bucket of car wash the clay bar will glide easily over the paint will it be the same over wax?
And get the water marks off easily?
Cheers Pete

The clay bar gets the stuck on contaminants off the paint. Removing any sort of markings in your paint will require washing the car or if deeper then polishing or cut and polish for any scratches. Not sure if it will take wax off but the quick detailer and most car washes are designed not to do that so I wouldn't think so.

VS_Pete

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE II SV6 MY12 SPORTWAGON
Thanks for that Nick

showbags

SENIOR EL'BAGO
Reaction score
Members Ride
Use the bulk microfiber pack that supercheap sell. They work a treat and heaps cheaper then name brands

Once you've used a quality micro fibre, the only thing you'll use the supercheap one for is to wipe the sweat from your balls.

Cava454

Reaction score
Members Ride
VR SS, VZ SS
They seem to work good enough. Plus I get mine pretty dirty and dont bother to wash em. So I can't justify the massive cost. I can get like 50 cheapies for the price of one good one.