Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Claybar convert

mr calais 5.0

Reaction score
Members Ride
vy s 2003
Yep photobucket makes pic shithouse for sure.. The pajero looks good too Troy.. I miss my lifted and muddies on my old 1990 lwb pajero..

Ed

Reaction score
Website
www.hrt.com.au
Members Ride
TDV8 Landcruiser
whoa, driving along and i could barely see the edge of my bonnet because of the road reflection! Been a while since it's been like that haha, already needs a bloody clay bar again after being parked near a gumtree... Think it's possum piss or something from the flowers.

NU13

Reaction score
Members Ride
2007 E1 HSV GTS Manual
Ladies and gentlemen since i clay barred my car a few days ago i have been trying to work out exactly what is used in the lube. It had a distinctive smell to it and a milky look. I think i might have figured out what it is.
Watered down Meguiars Gold Class Trim Detailer! Smells the same and apart from it being a lot thicker also looks the same. I'm picking that MeGuiars use distilled water with it though.
What do you guys think?? Am i close with this?

vncruzr

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY LS1
20131226_132310_zps50d1da1e.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

wash, Mothers clay kit, Meguairs deep crystal polish then mothers ultimate carnauba wax.

toey@carfx

Detailing Junkie
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Members Ride
2007 wm caprice
Don't want to burst you bubble guys but anything can look good in a reflective shot. This album demonstrates that a car can be shiny but in bad condition........https://www.facebook.com/CarFX/time...7027199&hash=6862961474845845502&pagefilter=3

Yes clay can be used with car wash mixed in a bottle to use as lube but not a great idea if not planning to do a paint correction because it's easy to marr the paint with clay. If you only plan to decontaminate the paint and reapply wax or sealant then you want to use a product with the most amount of lubricating properties as possible to minimize the chance of marring the paint.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Reaper

Tells it like it is.
Reaction score
Members Ride
RG Z71 Colorado, 120 Prado , VDJ200, Vantage
Don't want to burst you bubble guys but anything can look good in a reflective shot. This album demonstrates that a car can be shiny but in bad condition........https://www.facebook.com/CarFX/time...7027199&hash=6862961474845845502&pagefilter=3

Yes clay can be used with car wash mixed in a bottle to use as lube but not a great idea if not planning to do a paint correction because it's easy to marr the paint with clay. If you only plan to decontaminate the paint and reapply wax or sealant then you want to use a product with the most amount of lubricating properties as possible to minimize the chance of marring the paint.

Is a coat of sealant worth the effort. If yes, is 2 coats even better? Of course all topped off with a good wax and buff (I do mine by hand coz no skillz for machines).

toey@carfx

Detailing Junkie
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Members Ride
2007 wm caprice
A sealant is a better option in my opinion as it is more durable then a wax. Most sealants can be layered which can add more gloss to the finish. Yes you can add a wax over the top of a sealant but the wax won't last of as long as it won't bond well but it's definitely worth the effort as it gets the gloss of a sealant and the warmth of a wax