Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Cleaning Berlina Seats?

Djajus123

Reaction score
Members Ride
VL Berlina
Hey everyone just wanting to know what is the best way to clean blue VL Berlina seats? should I take off the lining or keep them on the seats? and what should I use so I don't damage them.

Thanks!

VS 5.0

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV Z Series M6
How dirty are they ?

Pics would help.

J_D 2.0

Reaction score
Members Ride
2009 VE SSV M6 on LPG and 2022 Kawasaki Z650L
Hey everyone just wanting to know what is the best way to clean blue VL Berlina seats? should I take off the lining or keep them on the seats? and what should I use so I don't damage them.

Thanks!
Fabric seats? Buy this. You’ll be amazed at the amount of shite that comes out of them. The dirty water looks like black coffee when your done with it. Good for cleaning the carpets too.

Just make sure you do it on a hot sunny day so you can leave the windows down a bit and the seats can dry out in the hot car. Clean the seats etc first up in the morning and leave the car in the sun for the day to dry out.

https://www.harveynorman.com.au/bissell-spotclean-professional-carpet-and-upholstery-cleaner.html

J_D 2.0

Reaction score
Members Ride
2009 VE SSV M6 on LPG and 2022 Kawasaki Z650L
Another way to do carpets and seats that I’ve used before is a pressure washer. Premix upholstery cleaner in a bucket and punch it through the pressure washer. Don’t get in too close so you don’t damage the fabric and of course you need to remove the seats/carpet from the vehicle of course!

Djajus123

Reaction score
Members Ride
VL Berlina
I'll try to get photo, can't get great one right now but i'll try.

ephect

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Acclaim V6
Fabric seats? Buy this. You’ll be amazed at the amount of shite that comes out of them. The dirty water looks like black coffee when your done with it. Good for cleaning the carpets too.

https://www.harveynorman.com.au/bissell-spotclean-professional-carpet-and-upholstery-cleaner.html

This ^^^^^

There are different coloured Bissell units, orange, purple and black. Possibly red too, they all do the same thing,

However, the only difference is the attachments, the black coloured Bissell attachments are designed for automotive use. Narrower heads for getting into spots the carpet unit will not. I did a heap of research as the models confused me initially, and got it on special.

Supercheap has deals and you can get the automotive one between $180-200. Keep and eye out for them.

Fu Manchu

We’ll get together. Have a few laughs.
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Crewman, VZ Cross 8, & ya mum.
Personally, I’d remove the covers and wash them.
Then, steam the exposed foams if you can get a hold of a garment steamer, they will plump up the foam and defart the foam as well.

*Side note, Peter Anderson has one of the most glorious caterpillar moustaches you will ever see. He is also a lovely person.

Dayvo

Because i can
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SV6 Series 2
This ^^^^^

There are different coloured Bissell units, orange, purple and black. Possibly red too, they all do the same thing,

However, the only difference is the attachments, the black coloured Bissell attachments are designed for automotive use. Narrower heads for getting into spots the carpet unit will not. I did a heap of research as the models confused me initially, and got it on special.

Supercheap has deals and you can get the automotive one between $180-200. Keep and eye out for them.
I bought the super cheap one a while ago and it does a great job . It is embarrassing the amount of crap it gets out ,

Fu Manchu

We’ll get together. Have a few laughs.
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Crewman, VZ Cross 8, & ya mum.
I bought the super cheap one a while ago and it does a great job . It is embarrassing the amount of crap it gets out ,
What colour is it?