Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Cleaning throttle body on 3l 2010 Omega

Conzo97

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Omega
Hey all,
Noticed my Omega has started dropping a cylinder intermittently: sometimes when cold starting and sometimes while stopped at a traffic light. The car shakes like crazy. Restarting the engine a couple times usually fixes it. Usually chucks a P0300 random cylinder misfire code, but it more specifically chucked a code for cylinder 6 the other day.
Spark plugs are new so should be fine. I haven't changed the coils yet, though. Car has done 130k kms.

Decided it might be a dirty throttle body after looking up symptoms online (rough idle, delayed throttle response).
is this a difficult job on this car? im planning to buy a cheapo can of throttle bottle cleaner. Should I try source an extra gasket from online or just reuse the old one?

vr304

Reaction score
Members Ride
2007 ssv manual
Cleaning the throttle body is an easy enough job to do and probably needs it if it’s never been done but that’s not to say it’s going to fix your issue if you’ve got a dodgy coil or something like that