Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

CleaningThrottle Body VR V6

fitzy2005

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY S2 Berlina
your gasket for throttle body prolly stuffed, is your IAC valve wiring reconnected?

pyro_104

Reaction score
Members Ride
VR Executive
Note - if you have a strut brace like mine - removing the throttle body on a VR seems almost impossible without removing the brace. It obscures the removal of one of the nuts using a spanner - and the thread coming out the end is long enough to prevent you getting a socket on to the nut. I had to settle for a good scrub without removal.

Attachments

• TB 1.jpg
    TB 1.jpg
    108 KB · Views: 639
Last edited:

lennyr

Reaction score
Members Ride
VR Executive S2
I just had the throttle body opened to removed the restrictor plate. Stupid I didn't have cleaner with me, will have to do some other time.

PS: what do you think about removing restricter plate. I've done it to increase power, worked alright.

G

Gooblies

Anyone have problems removing that plenum thing that detachs the throttle body to the inlet manifold?
On me vn v6 series 1 I had alot of problems with thermostat housing locking itself in with that stupid plenum thinga
Ended up smashing the old thermo housing out, then magically after a few bangs n shakes getting them back in.
That was prolly the hardest part when I put new head gaskets in

bricky

Reaction score
Members Ride
VR executive
ok i just did mine (vr executive ) and i am having trouble putting the springs bac in. i tryed once and when i touch the accelerator and there is no resistance. the lightest touch and the pedal is all the way down. not good if ur on the road. can somebody please explain how to put the sping back on cos i need to get to work next week. (without crashing)

VEARGH

"Stop,Drop..KaboOm.*
Reaction score
Members Ride
v_R
pyro_104 said:
Note - if you have a strut brace like mine - removing the throttle body on a VR seems almost impossible without removing the brace. It obscures the removal of one of the nuts using a spanner - and the thread coming out the end is long enough to prevent you getting a socket on to the nut. I had to settle for a good scrub without removal.

you can undo the strut brace quite easily, i just finished cleaning my throttle body, was full of **** but didnt really feel a difference..

pen15

mathew
Reaction score
Members Ride
Commodore vr
if u guys are sydney based go to justjap (justcrap) and get yourself an oil catch can and mount it up like mine (new car pics up soon) off the break res bracket if you get to justjap go straight to the specials bin and pick 1 up for $20 with everything you need and never have to clean it again

hayesanator

Reaction score
Members Ride
vs equipe
hey i have a problem i just replaced my stock throttle body with a bored out one an there seemed to be no problems in removal an instalation but when i get in the car the engine light stays on an when i put my foot down it doesnt rev straight away help please!!!