Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Climate control backlight.

satos

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Berlina
My climate control green back light is not illuminating when I switch on the headlights at night.Is this a common problem with the vt and is there anyway of fixing it.Cheers.

Thomas1

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS L67 Statesman
My climate control green back light is not illuminating when I switch on the headlights at night.Is this a common problem with the vt and is there anyway of fixing it.Cheers.

I've got the same problem with my VS. I know on mine there are a couple of little light bulbs that have blown - only way to fix it is to solder new ones into place. Still trying to fix mine as I'm not that experienced with soldering and they are so small and hard to get to. Below is a pic of the lights which have blown on mine.....I'm guessing yours will be similar
:thumbsup:

Attachments

• climate light.jpg
    climate light.jpg
    28.9 KB · Views: 172

satos

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Berlina
Thank's thomas for going to the trouble to post the pics,looks like I'm up for some globes.Cheers mate.

MikesVT

M&M =D
Reaction score
Members Ride
Nothing :'(
Do you mean it doesnt luminate when you have the climate control ON or when its OFF? The way I read your post it seems to me like you mean its just when your headlights are on and not when your actually using it?
The backlight doesnt come on unless you are using it.
Sorry if I missread the first post, thats just how I understood it :p

NVE_069

Reaction score
Members Ride
Wh Statesman LS1
yeh all my lights worked on mine untill i installed my dvd player an screen, n now 3 dont work i think its from the banging i did. so im gunna have to rip it apart when i get the time to have a look

satos

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Berlina
Do you mean it doesnt luminate when you have the climate control ON or when its OFF? The way I read your post it seems to me like you mean its just when your headlights are on and not when your actually using it?
The backlight doesnt come on unless you are using it.
Sorry if I missread the first post, thats just how I understood it :p

Sorry for the late reply mate,I meant when I operate the climate control at night
with the headlights switched on I find It hard to see the display because the green backlight is not working.

MikesVT

M&M =D
Reaction score
Members Ride
Nothing :'(
^ ahhh ok... I just miss read it then, sorry bout that :p
But it sounds like a bit of a hassel to replace the globes :( otherwise mine would all be blue. Well... Hope ya get it done sooner rather than later, nothin better than a nicely lit dash :D