Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Clocking bushes when lowering VF's.

RevNev

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF II SSV Redline Ute
Question for you @RevNev , did you have to shorten the bump stops using these springs with the standard shocks?

How have you found the ride and would it benefit or be necessary to change to a shortened shock, like the Monroe GT Sport etc?

I have to change my strut tops and have ordered the same springs. I figure while I'm in there..
No, there's sufficient bump clearance with the stock FE2 shocks when lowering 25mm and the bump stops are pretty soft and compress easily if it bottoms out over harsh bumps.

The ride is marginally stiffer with the King Springs but not much and comfort wise, it's much the same as the stock FE2 springs.

I replace the shocks with the shorter Monroe GT Sport when lowering the car more for the additional bump clearance, but the FE2 shocks are fine with a moderate lowering of only 25mm. It's the first time I've lowered a VF moderately and yet to try it with GT Sport shocks.

What I found dialed in the handling balance and sharpened steering response for a wagon, was increasing the rear sway bar diameter from 12 to 14mm which in fact is the rear bar size used on the HSV wagons with the same 24mm FE2 front bar size.