Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Close door respray

SScrunch

Reaction score
Looking at getting my voodoo blue VE HSV clubby close door resprayed .
ive had 4 quotes between $4k - $13k
all quoted me for close door no repairs needed just wanted to freshen up the car since it was sitting out in the W.A sun for awhile and the paint is abit weathered.
Just wanting some advice and opinions on the prices from you guys/girls that have paid for a close door respray

Sean880

Reaction score
Members Ride
2012 VE SV6 ser 2 and 911 Porsche Carrera S 997
An OE standard or better repaint will be expensive and you don't want to devalue your HSV with a crap paint job.

If the original paintwork is still intact and you don't have the clear coat peeling off or blistering etc I would consult one of the top line auto paint detailers to see what can be done to restore your original paint. These guys will do great work if you pick a competent one and it is more than well worth the money to have one of the good ones do over your car.

There must be a number of excellent auto paint detailers in and around Perth.. Ask around for some recommendations and then talk to a few of them before you let any of them loose on your car. Be cautious as there are always some mediocre types in the business passing themselves off as professional detailers you want to avoid.

SScrunch

Reaction score
the boot and wing are a different colour to the car and it looks like the past owner has had the front end resprayed as the doors are a different colour to the guards .
So a spray painter might have to be my only choice at the moment,
And agreed to dodgy back yard painters, unless there is a ABN and good reviews id rather give ti a stab myself

SScrunch

Reaction score
After spending the day getting afew quotes around the Canberra area the avg prices have been between $4k to $7k for a close door re-spray just in case anyone else is looking to get the same type of job done