Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VT SS Aussie 5L savable?

vc commodore

Reaction score
Members Ride
VC, VH and VY
If you happen across a VT Senator Estate in your travels could I trouble you for a lead?

The VT wagons I looked at were found by a fellow member who passed the details onto me so I could check them out for him...The one he bought, I took him to go check out for himself and left him do the money talking side with the owner...

Me, I look for cars sitting in front yards and paddocks, out in the country....But never know what I see

NORTI

Reaction score
Members Ride
Wildtrak
The VT wagons I looked at were found by a fellow member who passed the details onto me so I could check them out for him...The one he bought, I took him to go check out for himself and left him do the money talking side with the owner...

Me, I look for cars sitting in front yards and paddocks, out in the country....But never know what I see
Fair enough. The Estate Wagons were very few built so I just hope I stumble over one.

vc commodore

Reaction score
Members Ride
VC, VH and VY
Fair enough. The Estate Wagons were very few built so I just hope I stumble over one.

Honestly I've never heard of them so if I was to stumble across one, I wouldn't know that I did....So sorry about that

Commo64

Reaction score
Members Ride
2010 VE Omega
Honestly I've never heard of them so if I was to stumble across one, I wouldn't know that I did....So sorry about that
Never heard of them either, but apparently they exist...

1694422196605.png

There is only 27 ever made in VT form

gtrboyy

Reaction score
Members Ride
vt ss & lc gtr
Sounds like a 5k parts car at best...walk away.

30k starting to see vt gts & senators touch the market...atleast in nsw.more will become available in due time.

If you're cashed up play the waiting game & wait for something that ticks all the boxes.

M#ick2183

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
Vt wagon, vt hsv xu8,vs hsv senator,vs ss ute
I looked at a VT wagon with a 5 litre in it about 12 months ago for someone.....The owner of that wagon wanted $10K for that one and I thought that was steep....Didn't drive it because the owner was saying different B/S stories why it couldn't be driven.

Then about 6 months ago, took someone to look at another VT wagon, with a 5 litre....A shed load better nick than the first one....Had motor work, car was lowered...Auto...The person I took to look at it bought it...Won't say the price, but was under $15K...

So for this VTSS, $25K, tell him he is dreaming....
IMG_20230522_095420.jpg

Did you mean this one?? It is a vt(has vx ss bar and lights)Berlina factory v8 wagon, a lot less of them then the ss sedan too,was originally a Vic cop car,but has had a running gear from a right off clubsport with maybe 20 thousand ks on the the drivetrain since full rebuild and was alot closer to 10k then 15k.

Reactions: Lex

vc commodore

Reaction score
Members Ride
VC, VH and VY
View attachment 257209
Did you mean this one?? It is a vt(has vx ss bar and lights)Berlina factory v8 wagon, a lot less of them then the ss sedan too,was originally a Vic cop car,but has had a running gear from a right off clubsport with maybe 20 thousand ks on the the drivetrain since full rebuild and was alot closer to 10k then 15k.

Sure is mate.....Didn't think it was my place to post up the price...That's your choice.... :)

vc commodore

Reaction score
Members Ride
VC, VH and VY
To further the initial query...Yes it is saveable but the big sticking point is the amount it is worth to make it worthwhile buying.

Me personally I'd cough up no more than $2K.....(which is more than I generally buy cars for)

The owner of the car is thinking he has a collectible classic that is worth a ton of money, when in actual fact it is a run down car that need a ton of cash thrown at it to make it half decent to drive.

So the choice would be yours, whether you throw $2K on the table for the car or just forget about it and wait for the next one that might be more suitable and better priced for what it is