Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Clutch gone on first day???

mattrix_78

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV Sedan
My 07 ssv has a similar issue, u need to pull the clutch back with your foot after giving it full throttle sometimes. Searched forums and found it is a common fault on the series 1, most likely a slave cylinder issue. Tried to get it repaired under Allianz new car warranty but they are claiming it is caused by wear and tear/worn components. I am starting to think that this warranty that cost me 1500 for 3 years isn't worth a pinch of ****, they have disclaimers for everything it seems. Any suggestions on how to get around this? Like Holden recall notices lol.

petesmith

Reaction score
Members Ride
'07 VE SS-V
Yeah I'm afraid that's what this dealership is going to come back at me with...but surely I couldn't have caused wear and tear in 200km's and 10hrs!!!

Nothing on Holden recall notices about it sadly...if it's only the slave cylinder as the issue, surely not too pricey to fix? I've seen another fix on here with a spring of some sort but I'd rather do it all properly....actually I'd rather the dealership does it and I don't need to pay a cent but we'll see....

ashbox

back in black
Reaction score
Members Ride
something black
Even if it is just the slave cylinder, it's still a box out job which ultimately begs the question....
Why wouldn't you replace the clutch anyway?

timbo888

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV
my 07 SSV does the same thing with the clutch pedal not coming all the way out, but it only seems to do it when backing off after giving it some. ie accelerate quick through 1st and 2nd, then back of when going into 3rd..

oztech007

Reaction score
Members Ride
15 VE SSV 6.0t V8 A6 SEDAN
Clutch is actually a Road Worthy Item. If worn out or a fault with Clutch Assembly or Pedal, its a Roadworthy item and needs to be fixed.
Dont worry about warranty. Tell them its a Roadworthy item and they must fix it. (30 days for any known faults to be fixed from the R.W date). If you drove out and this happened on the same day, its a RW issue.

andyman

The Only 6sp VZ Wagon
Reaction score
Members Ride
2012 BT50 4x4, 84 Hilux 4x4 & 05 Husky TE450
i believe there was a clutch pedal return spring issue in earlier 06- 07 plate cars,

even if you have a cutch slip issue, the pedal should always return to normal height

RiCeY

F O R U M W A R R I O R
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SV8 6spd 6.0 430rwhp
After aggressive driving such as high RPM gear changes and/or launches, the clutch pedal may not return to its original position. The pedal may remain approximately 1/2 to 3/4 depressed when the driver's foot is fully lifted off. This is due to an intermittent malfunction of the clutch cover self adjuster mechanism during frequent high RPM clutch operations. A revised design clutch assembly and pedal assembly have been fitted to vehicles from Model Year 2010 production, August 2009.

*uwishn*

Holden special vehicles
Reaction score
Members Ride
vl walkinshaw(replica)nissan navara d40 st-x turbo
so have you taken it back yet?

petesmith

Reaction score
Members Ride
'07 VE SS-V
I've called the dealer and they've booked me in for next Wednesday to have a look at it...

I'm just hoping they aren't pricks about it. Really, at the end of the day, they could get a revised clutch kit from the wreckers with reasonable km's on it for under $500, a pretty cheap warranty fix for them I would think...so let's hope that's exactly what they do!!!