Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Clutch problems

Dpc

Reaction score
Members Ride
Commodore vr v8 manual ute
Brought a new hsv clutch kit with a new flywheel for my 94 vr v8 ute a new clutch cable a new clutch fork from dellow conversion installed everything and the clutch won't engage pulled it back out everything was done correctly installed the clutch and Bell housing again still not working any ideas

gtrboyy

Reaction score
Members Ride
vt ss & lc gtr
As in pedal feels weird & difficult to adjust pedal height?
Gotten underneath to see if it's working properly when someone pushes clutch pedal?

Most have broken spring on top of clutch pedal...makes it feel like can never adjust properly or get a good pedal feel.

Other than that can only think of ball inside bellhousing that clutch fork pushes off

Dpc

Reaction score
Members Ride
Haven't checked the spring everything looks like it should be working the clutch pedal is really soft it feels like a clutch pedal in a ve

gtrboyy

Reaction score
Members Ride
vt ss & lc gtr
Does clutch actually work?
Did you adjust pedal height to factory spec?

Probably broken spring...with cable off pedal is meant to hit floor.

When they're busted pedal is very soft & can't adjust pedal height properly...can lift pedal with foot.

$25 from holden

Dpc

Reaction score
Members Ride
Iv been guaranteed from supplier the clutch is fine we were able to adjust pedal hight but feels lose wen I push the pedal down the clutch fork moves but doesn't engage clutch iv asked my mate about the spring since its in he's garage I'm unable to check my self our next step was to reinstall old standard clutch to c if that works after spending 10 hrs on it already I really just want it back on the road had to borrow my father in laws ford escape

Dpc

Reaction score
Members Ride
Holden don't make a clutch pedal spring can only get a second hand one but need to buy the hole box

gtrboyy

Reaction score
Members Ride
vt ss & lc gtr
Bought new one a month or two back from Chullora Holden although I had to show them in diagram what it was.

Ebay shonks want $40-$50
Holmart & gumtree ads $25

Dpc

Reaction score
Members Ride
My clutch pedal spring is broken is this whats giving me issues

gtrboyy

Reaction score
Members Ride
vt ss & lc gtr
Clutch can still work with broken spring just wont not properly...never get adjustment correct & pedal does all weird sorts of things.