Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

"Comments are turned off"

BlackVXGTS

Reaction score
Members Ride
GEN-F2 GTS A6, VS Clubsport 185 A4
Hi Mods,

Today, I noticed when I was looking at the post “Vs Wagon high idle/sticky throttle” in the VS forum, the posts by member “Having a Break” are blank, and there is a message “Comments are turned off” under each post.

There seem to be replies to these posts but they are not visible to me. Is this a problem at my end or at the Forum server end?

ephect

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Acclaim V6
Guess the thread has been or in progress of being cleaned.

Possible short holiday for a member due to personal attacks for the comments turned off.

Posts have been edited and cleared.

Commo64

Reaction score
Members Ride
2010 VE Omega
Love how this user changed their name to "Having A Break" yet visited this forum more than ever... The funniest thing about this situation is that nobody provoked him and that response just came out of the blue...

Commo64

Reaction score
Members Ride
2010 VE Omega
Well that escalated quickly...

Guess the thread has been or in progress of being cleaned.

Possible short holiday for a member due to personal attacks for the comments turned off.

Posts have been edited and cleared.
Maybe he's been permanently banned, when clicking on his profile, it says that it's not available to view...

Immortality

Can't live without smoky bacon!
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV VS Senator, VX Calais II L67
Hi Mods,

Today, I noticed when I was looking at the post “Vs Wagon high idle/sticky throttle” in the VS forum, the posts by member “Having a Break” are blank, and there is a message “Comments are turned off” under each post.

There seem to be replies to these posts but they are not visible to me. Is this a problem at my end or at the Forum server end?

Can you screen shot this for me please. As a mod I see everything, deleted or otherwise. Some bans and warnings have been handed out. Thread clean is yet to occur.

The "comments are turned off" is the users signature and is no longer with us as per @Tatiana 's post in the aforementioned thread.

edit: Just went and had a good look at that thread, the user has edited his posts, deleted them. Seems a waste, guess I'll undelete them :)

Really not sure what the problem is TBH, he's a smart guy and knows his **** but for some reason people can't seem to play nice and end up throwing their toys out of the cot.

Last edited:

Immortality

Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
Just had a look at the users other posts, seems that after his hissy fit in the 202 thread he's gone through and deleted most of his posts in all the threads he's commented on. Bit childish.

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
I suspect I have an idea on what other pseudonyms he went by over the years.

Immortality

Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
I suspect I have an idea on what other pseudonyms he went by over the years.

You think every person who gets banned has an alter-ego on this forum.

That guy was actually really knowledgable, unfortunately helping people (online) is a thankless task and somehow we end up in this situation. Helping people on open forums isn't for everyone, especially not if you want recognition or reward for your efforts.