Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Commodore won’t idle!

BlackVXGTS

Reaction score
Members Ride
GEN-F2 GTS A6, VS Clubsport 185 A4
Hey guys :)
I’ve tried absolutely everything to fix my L67 vx but I’m all out of ideas… Everytime I cold start the car it shakes and shutters for about 5 seconds and then goes up to operating rpm but continues to misfire. I’ve replaced Spark plugs, leads, IAC valve, tightened the throttle cable and cleaned the maf sensor..........
Don't tighten the throttle cable, there needs to be 10-15mm of play. Refer to the attached diagram.

Oops, I think I might have made a mistake. The post above might not apply to the supercharged V6.

1714128309397.png

Reactions: Lex

commodoredave

Reaction score
Members Ride
vt
Hey guys :)
I’ve tried absolutely everything to fix my L67 vx but I’m all out of ideas… Everytime I cold start the car it shakes and shutters for about 5 seconds and then goes up to operating rpm but continues to misfire. I’ve replaced Spark plugs, leads, IAC valve, tightened the throttle cable and cleaned the maf sensor.

Just today I went to turn the car over and it starts but goes in between 200-300rpm and then stalls out I don’t think it’s a fuel related problem as the pressure is fine. It could potentially be coil packs as they haven’t been replaced by I highly doubt it as the engine sounds as though it’s choking (lacking air)

What are you guys thoughts…
Many possibilities but the greater likelihood is electrics. Consider checking spark leads, use multimeter to check earthing points, check ohms resistance on ignition coils ( multimeter again), check all breathing tubes. Its going to be a systematic process of elimination. Epic and tedious for sure, but being thorough will get the result you want.

Fu Manchu

We’ll get together. Have a few laughs.
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Crewman, VZ Cross 8, & ya mum.
And don’t assume anything. Evidence and data at every check.