Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Computer probs

Rolla_Rolla'

Reaction score
Members Ride
Ke30 Rolla'
running vista. dont know much else. . another prob is that when on internet explorer, it sometimes wont load a page, and then i have to shut down all internet explorer windows and start it again. its so annoying. thanks

theres your first problem, Vista, its SHI-

your second problem is IE, run Mozilla Firefox instead, its better ;DD

and 94 processes at one time, is a bit much, im only running just over the 40 mark,

coolvxss

Reaction score
Members Ride
5sp VN Executive1988, VX SS 6sp
I much prefer firefox, but my sis said when she installed it, it said norton doesnt suport firefox so not protected or something. What would the reason be for having so many processes running? when havnt put much on computer or anything. its still new and got not much installed on it at all.

Rolla_Rolla'

Reaction score
Members Ride
Ke30 Rolla'
why pay for programs ? when you can get ones that do the same thing for free ;DD , AVG - Free anti virus software, supports everything,

its not nessicarily the only thing that could be making all these processes run at start up, have you checked what programs (.exe) are actually running at start up ?

if you go into windows defender, and check ur start up programs, you might be able to disable some of them that u wouldnt need, EG. MSN ?

delcowizzid

on holiday
Reaction score
Members Ride
в∞ѕтεכ √&
man im sitting here running 28 processes edit some autostart entrys im no fan of vista so cant help there :D

Reaction score
Members Ride
2011 VE SV6 II Commodore - Chlorophyll
Firstly, remove the horrible software called "Nortons".
Next download AVG Antivirus, you can either get the free version or the professional version which has more features.
Download and run the norton removal tool ftp://ftp.symantec.com/public/english_us_canada/removal_tools/Norton_Removal_Tool.exe
Also download and run "Windows Cleanup"
Windows Vista Automatically Defragments the HDD on a regular basis.

The problem with Premade PC's such as HP, Dell, etc. is that they often come preloaded with "Bloatware" lots of extra software and utilities that are not needed or required and typically slow the PC down to a crawl.
Your best option would be to get your local computer store to format the pc and reload it just with Windows and the programs that you need.

Galixia

Reaction score
Members Ride
07 CBR1000RR & G6E Turbo
Firstly, remove the horrible software called "Nortons".

lol i was thinking that too but some people really like it for some reason... slowed down my computer and cause errors also the same problem with a heap of my mates but some people i know have run it without any problems

Tim Smtih

Sexy Man
Reaction score
Website
tinyurl.com
Members Ride
just buy a v8 lol
why pay for programs ? when you can get ones that do the same thing for free ;DD , AVG - Free anti virus software, supports everything, /QUOTE]

Free means nothing but trouble when it comes to computers and the internet. If you have no support, therefore constantly being updated and reinforced against the latest viruses and threats from a reliable source you are more than likely to come into trouble. The older and less supported anti-virus programs have probably already been "hacked" by those same people that create these viruses. I wouldn't trust them, i wouldn't like to lose 500Gb of data for the sake of a few dollars.

MyBabyVR

Let Your Spirit Soar!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VR Executive V6 5 speed Manual
Get a program called crap cleaner, which will help get rid of stuff you dont need.
Keep in mind you can select as little or as much that you want it to do, based on your knowledge. This should 'help' towards keeping the computer faster, but might not be the be all and end all of your problem.

CCleaner - Update

lol stealthy. defraggin or friggin if you like would and should fix the problem lol...