Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Corvette servo install VR

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
I can't see a "How To" on fitting a Corvette servo in a VR. I read some old threads that mentioned drilling the holes bigger?? But that doesn't make sense?? Anyone know how to do this? I tried Google and only had a few hits but with what I think is wrong info, like drilling?? I assume I need to remove the Y Pipe as it is definitely in the way. I have Pacemakers with a Pacemaker Y pipe.

Immortality

Can't live without smoky bacon!
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV VS Senator, VX Calais II L67
There are a couple of vids on youtube I believe. Basically you need to force the cover in a bit and remove the snap ring and then pull out the old seal as you remove the cover a bit. Once the seal is out you can release the servo cover and the whole assembly should just slide out. Depending on what servo/assembly follow instructions to reassemble with the corvette servo. Once the assembly is back together fitting is the reverse of the removal but using a new cover seal.

VS 5.0

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV Z Series M6
Looks like the hardest part will be finding your 10mm socket.

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
I have decided this morn that I don't feel confident in replacing the servo myself so I have booked it in with a mech that we sometimes use for odd bits. I could probably do the job but if something doesn't go right I could also be in trouble, and miles away from any help. It's a 40min job so it's not gonna break the bank.

Brisbarnz

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vh sle
I was swearing when I did mine, trying to install it one handed while prying the exhaust back for cleanence on the ground was no fun but still a great learning experience.

If box was removed from car it’s a 5 min job.

gtrboyy

Reaction score
Members Ride
vt ss & lc gtr
^^^ Haha yeah had same experience & it wasn't even my car the first time FML.

Decided to do next one before it goes into car..

Got corvette servo...wanted boost valve with it so ended up with transgo shiftkit......oops

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
Yeah I have the boost valve getting fitted next Mon when the trans tech services the auto. Should be a decent set up by the end of next week, it will have cooler (already done) boost valve and servo. Won't have the parts in time to have the trans tech fit the servo and he books out three months in advance.