Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Council

Sabby

MSABBY
Reaction score
Members Ride
VU SS FIFTY
just a quick one

I was driving to work this morning, raining and very dark.
Couldnt see the roundabout comming up because it wasn't properly visable.

Hit it at 50kmh and put 2 nice big dints in my rims and front right wheel has a 10 degree camber now

Anyway, is it worth going to the council and make then pay for the damage as the roundaboout wasn't properly visable?
Or should i just suck it up and wear the cost.

cheers

Jonesy484

OfficialChadyMeetOrganisr
Reaction score
Members Ride
MY12 VE 2 SSV REDLINE WAGON
mate you could try... anything is possible but me thinks they will tell you to go away

aaronevolution

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
TURISMO VZ SS 6.0
People smash their wheels every week on potholes because councils are too lazy and ####ed in the head to repair roads properly. Their idea of road repairs is a yellow sign saying rough surface.

Was there a yellow round-a-bout sign or give way signs?

Sabbath'

Redblock Jesus
Reaction score
Members Ride
80 Series// VFII Black Edition
Which roundabout was it out of interest?

Sabby

MSABBY
Reaction score
Members Ride
VU SS FIFTY
no signs or reflectors.

eastfield road in croydon

Sabbath'

Redblock Jesus
Reaction score
Members Ride
The new one?

I've almost gone through that one. It's still a construction site i believe, or still being worked on. Either way. I'd go to the council and let them know that the new roundabout that they've put in is inadequately lit and as a result you've damaged your car. Saying that, if it's still a construction site it's 40k's through there :p. It's utter bullshit that roundabout though, absolutely no extra lighting, even at low speed it's a pain to see.

The council is quite good for coming to the party. A friend fell over a crack in the pavement and smashed her laptop to bits and they paid for replacement of it.

Not_An_Abba_Fan

Exhaust Guru
Reaction score
Members Ride
Strange Rover
Ummm.....you couldn't see a roundabout on your way to work? You have never driven that way to work before and didn't know the roundabout was there?

Either watch where you are going, or drive to the conditions, clearly you were driving too fast for the conditions to be able to see the roundabout in time, or you weren't looking where you were going....

Sabby

MSABBY
Reaction score
Members Ride
VU SS FIFTY
orr like i said, there was no visable lighting.
I do drive that way often, however its not always pissing down with rain and dark.

Sabbath, It was the first one after you turn off from Dorset road, the old one. its 60kmh there and about 200 or so meters from the construction.
Theres been other instances where myself and others have seen it last minute and slammed brakes on.

Sabbath'

Redblock Jesus
Reaction score
Members Ride
orr like i said, there was no visable lighting.
I do drive that way often, however its not always pissing down with rain and dark.

Sabbath, It was the first one after you turn off from Dorset road, the old one. its 60kmh there and about 200 or so meters from the construction.
Theres been other instances where myself and others have seen it last minute and slammed brakes on.

Ahh, that one...dont know how you missed it :p

Sabby

MSABBY
Reaction score
Members Ride
VU SS FIFTY
That's what surprised me too. I always no where it is, but this one time i didnt see it.
a mix between lighting, no street light above it and no reflectors and the rain is at fault, but so am i obviously for not seeing it.
I no its my fault for hitting it but could have been avoided if it had the yellow arrows.

And its funny at how quick people on this forum go to negativity. i see it everywhere on this site