Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

cpr6 manifold real life experience and results

Vacationer

Reaction score
Members Ride
Adventra
Hey guys,

I've got the SV6 Adventra, handles well has a nice bit of grunt but on the down side likes a good drink.

I was looking at ways to reduce fuel consumption and read about Performance Manifolds CPR6, adds about another 10% rwkw and reduces your fuel consumption to 8.6 km/100 probably a little more for an AWD.
These things retail for $1350 but I found one on the Gumtree that's being sold with a Mace manifold spacer which should up the power gain and fuel economy even more http://www.gumtree.com.au/m-my-ads.html .
Has anyone mounted one of these to their engines and what were the results? (Would like feedback from those who have had experience with this mod on their car)

EYY

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Statesman
If you're concerned about power and fuel consumption, consider switching to liquid LPG injection. You'll get an increase in power, and fuel usage will equal petrol. Although depending on where you live, you can save over 50% on fuel costs. So it effectively ends up paying for itself in the long term.

Vacationer

Reaction score
Members Ride
Adventra
Yeah I read about a mob in Frankston that do the liquid gas injection but it's a 4K install, and my other concern was the Addie's got 145K on the clock and had been told by other that it's a bit far gone to be putting on gas.

EYY

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Statesman
I certainly wouldn't say that it's done too many k's. Base your decision on the amount of time and mileage you intend to get out of the car. If you want to sell it in 50,000km it probably won't be worth doing.

There are absolutely no problems with fitting gas to a high mileage engine though.

ozNick

Reaction score
Members Ride
VL Berlina 3.0 Auto
The CPR-6 is higher than the standard manifold, so I would suggest you may have issues putting the CPR-6 and the manifold spacers under the tower strut.
The Adventra is nearly 2,000 kg, so you need torque more than power and without a tune ($) the benefits would be small.
IMO - you would be better off getting a tune that removes the Torque Management and add the goodies as you see fit.

LPG would be a possibility, I have seen an Adventra with an LPG tank in the spare tyre cavity, but it's not huge.

wraith

Hand over the dog bikkies
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX V6 Berlina. 2003 VW Passat
It's never going to be quick no matter what you do. V6 with all that weight.... CPR6 manifold has been proven countless times to be a waste of time and money unless your car is heavily modified (think forced induction)

Danthuyer

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SV6
Phil hasn't made an intake yet for the LFX 3.6 sidi its currently in the works but no update in release date yet

commodore665

expat Saffa
Reaction score
Members Ride
2005 SV6 & Alfa Romeo 156 V6
Forgive the thread dig , but I think I've realised that the CPR 6 might be a waste , I don't drive at high revs , where the manifold is said to be at its best, any thoughts from anyone?