Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Cranky VSSSUTE 355 Twin Throttle Walkinshaw Build Thread

soop

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
2003 SS Commodore Series II
Gonna need some nawwwsss dude.
Otherwise those guys with ecotecs and plenum spacers are going to give you hell!

dobesz

355ssute
Reaction score
Members Ride
vs ss ute
Yea not much news. Did a hectic skid at the panel shop, I was like "check this sick 5l out bruz" and they were like "hectic loops mate"

CYCo-VS

Reaction score
Members Ride
VN SII
wata sick C#NT snappen loops lol nah love the ute man i miss my old vs ute

dobesz

355ssute
Reaction score
Members Ride
vs ss ute
Ha ha yea mad #### lol. Panel beater always revs me up his ls1 is the ****. The little 5l does heaps better skids and will hold them all day long lol. Never do them tho, Tyres are to expensive. Takes him 6 months of trash talking to make me prove a point lol

tim005

Yet Another VS Ute Owner
Reaction score
Members Ride
99' Series 3 VS S-Pac Ute.
This thing is mint as man, it sits tough as and I'm betting it sounds even tougher.
I think I have seen you before. I think I saw you leaving southland once turning onto nepean highway, the thing sounded tough as mate.
I was a few behind you in my VS Ute wishing to god my 6 sounded like that haha.

dobesz

355ssute
Reaction score
Members Ride
vs ss ute
This thing is mint as man, it sits tough as and I'm betting it sounds even tougher.
I think I have seen you before. I think I saw you leaving southland once turning onto nepean highway, the thing sounded tough as mate.
I was a few behind you in my VS Ute wishing to god my 6 sounded like that haha.
Yea was def me mate live in the area. Yea it doesn't sound to bad. Get a lot of comments lol. Should be even better once the 355 gets dropped in

VS_Pete

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE II SV6 MY12 SPORTWAGON
Nice work looks sweet mate

dobesz

355ssute
Reaction score
Members Ride
vs ss ute
Thanks mate hope to get some work done to it this weekend. Hook the knock sensor up with the 195 chip up. As I think the performance chip it has is ****, chews fuel. Plus the knock sensor will be used when 355 gets dropped in

dobesz

355ssute
Reaction score
Members Ride
vs ss ute
Well had a productive day as fixed handle as the rod had piped off the lock end as GF had reefed on the handle when door was locked. Facepalm
Fixed the indicator, tab had Brocken on back of steering wheal. It flicks indicator off when wheal is returned to center.
Fitted knock sensor
Fitted it to passenger side just in front of starter motor, as plenty of room under extractor as opposed to drivers side!
Then ran wire thru the protective heat shield that starter motor wires run thru.
Then ran wire up to the rubber geomet on passanger side but could not figure out how to get wire thru it as it's so thick. So heated screw driver with oxy and pushed a perfect size hole thru rubber grommet.
Pulled computer out and plugged wire into the engine loom position d5 and then simply installed chip!
Car goes a lot better as the ss is the 165 motor! It's now the 195hsv package!
This is how the ute sits at the moment would like it lower but this is already on the stops, thinking of getting air bags for when i have a load in the back.
5a2cc03a.jpg

Last edited: