Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Crossover question?? + Sub Q

MikeVXSS

!!!GO TIMMY GO!!!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX SS 5.7
I recently stole my pioneer splits out of my work car cause the audio shop man clains they were comp splits (whatever differance that makes) and should not replace them. They do rock. However when i was replacing them into the commy i couldnt remember which DB the tweeters were plugged into. it has -3 Db and -6 Db slots. i plugged them into the 6 db slot and it seems to be alot more tweet than normal than the other car.

how does the -3 and -6 db thingymajig thing work? and whats better?

Also installed a sub and have noticed that it occasionaly gives a sharp punch insted of a nice bassy drone. is this the music im listening to or is it the amp setup or the box or something else? its an inclosed box 1 cu.

if anyone knows a site or a thread on tuning the amp can ya point us in the direction? just wna to learn about all the settings and dials and ****. as the booklet doesnt explain...

eg what Hz to have hpf or lpf, or do i go hpf flat or lpf, what bass boost if any. high input or low input? what gain? lol all help great thanx guys

MikeVXSS

!!!GO TIMMY GO!!!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX SS 5.7
ok after reading other threads ive relized i have more tweet cause the originals are stall in the dash... didnt even know they were there... do the have a crossover for them? as id like to take them out and keep them with the original woofers. do the rears have tweeters?

Should i just leave the original tweeters in there and disconnect mine? they are bigger. is bigger better? so many qustions.

wish i was an audio techy!!

wrx884

WA's ASR Rep
Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Exec/ VT L67 Spac, 5L VP Calais, 77 TC Gemini
i know the tweeters in ur dash rnt hooked up 2 a crossover but r wired up 2 the wiring harness im not sure how good they r compared 2 after markets ive left mine in there but will change them 1 day wen i put splits in. i know theres definatly no tweeters with the rears 2 btw

MikeVXSS

!!!GO TIMMY GO!!!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX SS 5.7
cheers mate. ive just disconnected them and will go for a blat to see if the tweet has died down. im also wondering if its where i placed the aftermarket tweeters... see pics...

Attachments

• 100_2138.jpg
    100_2138.jpg
    65 KB · Views: 139
  • 100_2141.jpg
    100_2141.jpg
    59.8 KB · Views: 150

StoneX

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Calais-V 6.0L
Put the tweeters where the stock ones are. Pioneer tweeters are notoriously bright (loud and painful) so they shouldn't be mounted so close to the listeners ears.