Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Cruise control not turning on

Danny40

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SV6, VL (Speedway)
Yep brake lights are all fine. I had another go yesterday and somehow managed to get it to turn on, but then wouldn't activate, and then the button wouldn't work to turn it off again. So I'm fairly confident there's something wrong with the stalk

toey

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Executive
haha, better than not turning OFF!

06vzcalais

Reaction score
had this problem theres a sensor behind the brake pedal for the cruise that the dealership who replaced my brake pedal forgot to hook back up...but in your case it does sound like the stalk and your probably best to take it back to the dealer to get them to fix it if the wreck it while fixing it they have to fix it, you break it you fix it...

PaulP38A

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Crewman Cross6
Hey Danny, how did you go with your cruise control problem?

I've got pretty much the same problem on my VZ Crewman. Checked the fuse = ok, checked the brake lights = ok, haven't found the switch under the brake pedal yet.

Cheers, Paul.

Danny40

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SV6, VL (Speedway)
Hey Danny, how did you go with your cruise control problem?

I've got pretty much the same problem on my VZ Crewman. Checked the fuse = ok, checked the brake lights = ok, haven't found the switch under the brake pedal yet.

Cheers, Paul.

I'm fairly confident that it's the stalk, but haven't looked into it yet. It works every now and then (sometimes first time, sometimes I have to press it a few times) - so yea I'm thinking it's the buttons

Btw, if the brake lights are fine, then the brake pedal switch is working :)

PaulP38A

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Crewman Cross6
ok, thanks mate. I'm suspecting a problem with the switch/button too.
I've only had the ute for a few days and don't like my chances of getting the dealer to fix it, although I can always ask.

2006VZSTORM!!

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Storm
I have been having a similar problem with my VZ Storm. The cruise control will work to start then when you deactivate it for slower cars (god damn them) it wont re activate...

Though i have devised a cunning idea, as i found when i turned the car off and back on it WORKED!!! buggered if i know how to fix it but that seems to work for a while :D:D....

S

StealthCalais

I have the same issue with mine - wouldnt even turn on... But eventually after fiddling around with it for a while I discovered it only turned on when you pushed the indicator down (so as to indicate right) and then pushed the button. Its clearly a wiring defect or something with mine, have to get it sorted at some stage... but give it a try anyway, it might work.

bloodyricho

Bloody Richo
Reaction score
Members Ride
Vr V6 Equipe (hare) and VE SV6 (tortise)
the stalks stuff up on all commie models thats where the wreckers keep em on the shelves. geta new one or some times drowning them in contact cleaner works but only till next time lol. get a new one. ever want to now what stuffs up on a car go to a wreckers and see what they shelf for that model.