Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Cruise Control patch harness

markovr

Reaction score
Website
youtu.be
Members Ride
07vessv 94vr .04vz wgn,93vp wgn,82 vhV6 wgn 88 vn
I fitted it to my v6 manual …worked fine as long as you fitted a switch on the clutch pedal in series with the brake switch so it disengaged if you depressed it

vrcapricewagon

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vr commodore wagon
The bcm part of the cruise control only is to do with the on/off switch … that is press button on stalk to turn on and press again to turn off … no actual working of the actual cruse itself .
many moons ago I made a separate module to cover that part so you didn’t have to change your BCM using some cheap parts that I sold to a few people
Hi markovr,
I've been reading your posts for years and am very impressed with your knowledge! I'd love to chat to you about installing factory cruise control in my vr executive with a low bcm. My car has no wiring from factory. I'm interested in how to work around the bcm. Do you still sell these modules you mentioned to do the switching?
Thanks con

markovr

Reaction score
Website
youtu.be
Members Ride
07vessv 94vr .04vz wgn,93vp wgn,82 vhV6 wgn 88 vn
Hi markovr,
I've been reading your posts for years and am very impressed with your knowledge! I'd love to chat to you about installing factory cruise control in my vr executive with a low bcm. My car has no wiring from factory. I'm interested in how to work around the bcm. Do you still sell these modules you mentioned to do the switching?
Thanks con
Hi Con , I still have a few parts that make up that toggle module .. I’ll see if I have enough to make a complete one.
Cheers
Mark

vrcapricewagon

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vr commodore wagon
Hi Con , I still have a few parts that make up that toggle module .. I’ll see if I have enough to make a complete one.
Cheers
Mark
Hi Mark,

That would be great as I can't quite figure it out, I've bought a latching relay and a few other things and I've got it all working on the bench except for the switching via the holden cruise control stalk.
If I press the switch on the stalk the relay won't turn on,
I bought another relay that is designed for low switching current but i still can't get it to work

vrcapricewagon

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vr commodore wagon
Hi Mark,

That would be great as I can't quite figure it out, I've bought a latching relay and a few other things and I've got it all working on the bench except for the switching via the holden cruise control stalk.
If I press the switch on the stalk the relay won't turn on,
I bought another relay that is designed for low switching current but i still can't get it to work
Actually disregard that last post as I've just figured it out!

Reactions: Lex