Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Cruise control (SV6)

Simarjoshlib

Reaction score
Members Ride
2014 SV6 Wagon
Hi all, new to the board and certainly looks like a great place for sharing info.

Encountered a problem yesterday and thought I'd share here to see if anyone else has experienced the same, and to perhaps warn others as I reckon it could be a pretty major safety issue.

Essentially i was travelling along the freeway, Cruise control set, and everything was fine. Approaching the end of the freeway so instinctively my left thumb went towards the cruise control cancel button. The cc disengaged and I felt the car start slowing down. A few seconds later, and I'm not sure what I was consciously doing, but my left thumb touched the cc controls (reckon I was trying to adjust the volume and went with the left instead of the right). At this point the cc re-engaged and the car started accelerating back towards, and beyond, the previous set speed.
The actual switch was stuck in the up position (restore previous speed). Managed to press the cancel/clear cc button and the switched the cc off all together. This all happened in a split second as I was briefly accelerating towards the car in front which was slowing down for a roundabout.

The casing of the actual cc switch appears to have dislodged and has jammed the cc speed toggle swith in the up (restore/increase speed) position and the switch is still stuck so can't use cc.

Has anyone else experienced this? Was a bit of a shock to be honest.

The car should still be under new warranty so assume there shouldn't be a problem getting it fixed. I hope this is a one off aberration and not a sign of things to come as this is the first Holden that I've owned and, so far, I'm really impressed.