Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Crypto Currencies

Status
Not open for further replies.

Skydrol

Reaction score
Members Ride
Pontiac G8 GT
I do not know what is the anger with you mate. I was just stating that Currencies values are based on Confidence and nothing more. All I did was using US Confederate cash as an example on how much is worth before and after. Whatever the scenario is, the value of Cryptos, Plastic, Paper, Rock or Scissors are as good as the other person is willing to accept them as a mean of exchange for goods and services.

Not sure how all is going to end but in a crap scenario, the 1st thing people are going to use is the Gov cash. As soon they start loosing confidence on the Gov institutions it will become worthless pieces of paper and/or plastic. You can have Gazzilion Dollars like Zimbawe and with that, not even able to get a cup of coffee. If you work for the Gov, get paid by the Gov and nobody on the streets want the Gov currency or looses its value at a fast pace, will you still going to work? What about a pension fund based on such Gov currency?

I have been in some parts of the world in my former military carrer, when USDs were not accepted. The value of that currency at that point in time was 0.0

Immortality

Can't live without smoky bacon!
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV VS Senator, VX Calais II L67
Just remember it's the US that is loathed in many countries around the world and it seems to be the US where a large %age of the population has a large degree of mistrust in the government you guys elected!

Most of the rest of us around the world aren't blessed with that rose tinted myopic view of the world.

J_D 2.0

Reaction score
Members Ride
2009 VE SSV M6 on LPG and 2022 Kawasaki Z650L
Crypto's are great, right up until WW3 or the apocalypse when countries block the WWW and mainstream power become unreliable so the systems that run crypto's either can't function or simply crash due to a lack of power.

Hard currency, something you can have in your hand will always have value.
I’m collecting bottle caps! Now I‘ve got to go, apparently a settlement needs my help!

keith reed

Reaction score
Members Ride
1983 vh v8 sle 2000 vs v8 ute 2012 ve11 redline
I’m collecting bottle caps! Now I‘ve got to go, apparently a settlement needs my help!
Have you still got the bottles with them? Preferably unopened with alcohol.

Reactions: Lex

J_D 2.0

Reaction score
Members Ride
2009 VE SSV M6 on LPG and 2022 Kawasaki Z650L

Pollushon

Boost gives me a bar....
Reaction score
Members Ride
VY SS
Confederate Currency? Is all about confidence. Come to me with NZDs or AUDs I will not take them, I go over there with USDs an you will not take them; now we have some nice dookie paper in our wallets.

I'll take them, no sweat as long as we're taking parity purchases, I only have to wander to the airport to make some bucks from USD

I do agree though, crypto is for the most part confidence based aside the handful that have real world applications but nevertheless can be artificially manipulated due to a lack of regulation. From what I can tell Elon is just making a point and quite a few bucks along the way

Immortality

Can't live without smoky bacon!
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV VS Senator, VX Calais II L67

Skydrol

Reaction score
Members Ride
Pontiac G8 GT
I do agree though, crypto is for the most part confidence based aside the handful that have real world applications but nevertheless can be artificially manipulated due to a lack of regulation. From what I can tell Elon is just making a point and quite a few bucks along the way

Is irritating when you watch the trends and try to make a rational and educated decision, and that asshole throws a virable in the equation. I am prettt much certain that he is doing it just to fück with the market. On whos side he is in, I am pretty much sure he is on his greedy/cünt-ing ass side.

We are in a dangerous stage and this never happen before in human history. There are some events that happen in the USA and perhaps in AU/NZ as well. In the 1800s in the USA, banks and clearing houses made their own currencies backed on all sorts of comodities.

In the USA there is no law that you can use other currencies to pay for goods and services. The problem is ignorance. The vast majority of the US population are spoiled with the world acceptance of the USDs; they just does not know any better. They have no idea if they are getting a fake or a real currency because they never seen it before, or think they are getting ripped off. Same with Cryptos, most people see this as an odd tech and nobody told them how to use them, and the Govs around the world are bashing them. I see it as the future and we like it or not is coming on one form or another.

Is not all doom and gloom, if you play your cards correctly, you mighy be able to make a fortune and retire. My advice is education, learn how they work.

Pollushon

Boost gives me a bar....
Reaction score
Members Ride
VY SS
It's certainly not all doom and gloom, bricks and mortar is doing fine and setting my retirement up nicely. Don't get aggressive, spread wide and follow the tech. Crypto is just beer money, better than the pokies or horses at least. If you take it too seriously it'll end in tears. Your gain is just someone else's loss and vice versa. Storm in a teacup. Blockchain is currently just way ahead of its time.

Elon isn't an asshole he's an incredibly clever guy swimming in a sea of stupid. I have zero sympathy for crypto fools

Skydrol

Reaction score
Members Ride
Pontiac G8 GT
Exactly. I am gambling with cash that I can afford to loose, never bet the farm on this. I am invested on other areas but I am moving away from the banking markets. The US banking is highly regulated, however, the regulating body is highly corrupted; banks do whatever they want. Staying in their system, for what I see, is suicidal.

One thing that we can use as a case study is the fall of the USSR. How the people made it through the debacle.

Status
Not open for further replies.