Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Crypto Currencies

Status
Not open for further replies.

J_D 2.0

Reaction score
Members Ride
2009 VE SSV M6 on LPG and 2022 Kawasaki Z650L
`Shares have risks also, especially if you trade in the speculative end and companies can go bust. All investment comes with risk, managing it correctly is the key. Im not currently active in the crypto markets it's too volatile and with knowing essentially as you say no real value behind it it's a fools paradise atm.
Well yes, if your putting money into small caps your taking a risk. Most medium to large caps are still going to be there in the future, your just up for a potential hair cut in the share value.

No “investment“ is without risk with the lowest risk being to buy a house as you still physically own the same thing your bought even if it’s value goes down.

mpower

Reaction score
Members Ride
V2 CV8 Monaro and VF SSV Redline
Well yes, if your putting money into small caps your taking a risk. Most medium to large caps are still going to be there in the future, your just up for a potential hair cut in the share value.

No “investment“ is without risk with the lowest risk being to buy a house as you still physically own the same thing your bought even if it’s value goes down.

The only time property is bad is when the only ppl in the market are speculators like China, Spain, Ireland, etc. Don't kid yourself in a lot of countries property has crashed and burned BIG TIME.

J_D 2.0

Reaction score
Members Ride
The only time property is bad is when the only ppl in the market are speculators like China, Spain, Ireland, etc. Don't kid yourself in a lot of countries property has crashed and burned BIG TIME.
The property still exists though and you still own it Of course this doesn’t apply in countries without proper rule of law like China where they could just take the property off you.

Property crashes are only a problem for the overleveraged or those unlucky enough to lose there job in a recession. Myself I don’t particularly care if my house price goes to zero as I still have the amenity of it and I’m not beholden to a landlord jacking the rent up every five minutes.

Skydrol

Reaction score
Members Ride
Pontiac G8 GT
The property still exists though and you still own it Of course this doesn’t apply in countries without proper rule of law like China where they could just take the property off you.

If the Gov wants your piece of land, they find an excuse to take it. Ask the natives for some pointers.

Happens in the US, the Gov comes, drops a wad of cash and say, get the hell out or I am going to kick your ass out.

Skylarking

Reaction score
Members Ride
Commodore Motorsport Edition
Of course this doesn’t apply in countries without proper rule of law like China where they could just take the property off you.
China actually has laws and enforce them… the only question, which is the same question down under, is which laws will they decide to enforce :p

Just don’t piss off the establishment when they want to buy your house, punishment in China can be swift (pun intended) :rolleyes:

and another media report of a different house…

Down under we’d simply have our properties compulsorily acquired at a price the govco deems fair and then we’d spend years fighting in courts for more reasonable compensation and potentially going bankrupt in the process..

Meh, western boot, eastern boot, whatever… a boot at your throat is still a boot no matter who wears it.

Skydrol

Reaction score
Members Ride
Pontiac G8 GT
Klaus Schwab said... Owe nothing and be happy.

I learned that is not about ownership, is about asset control. Most super wealthy own nothing, they just control the things.

What is the Queen's salary? Is 0, all she need to do is ask.

Immortality

Can't live without smoky bacon!
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV VS Senator, VX Calais II L67
Good thing we don't live in China or the US!

wetwork65

A wet business
Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SSV Wagon & VF SV6 Wagon
Klaus Schwab said... Owe nothing and be happy.

I learned that is not about ownership, is about asset control. Most super wealthy own nothing, they just control the things.

What is the Queen's salary? Is 0, all she need to do is ask.
"Owe nothing" or "own nothing"?
I prefer the former.

J_D 2.0

Reaction score
Members Ride
If the Gov wants your piece of land, they find an excuse to take it. Ask the natives for some pointers.

Happens in the US, the Gov comes, drops a wad of cash and say, get the hell out or I am going to kick your ass out.

[/URL]
It’s not very likely though unless you’ve bought property where they are planning to put a motorway or some such and you still get paid out. A lot better odds of a positive outcome than putting all your money into crypto.

Skylarking

Reaction score
Members Ride
Commodore Motorsport Edition
It’s not very likely though unless you’ve bought property where they are planning to put a motorway or some such and you still get paid out. A lot better odds of a positive outcome than putting all your money into crypto.
My comment was more directed to your statement that China doesn’t have laws… and not to imply crypto is a good investment…

Crypto is more akin to musical chairs which can be fun until it’s all ripped out from under you just as you go to sit :p Crypto also has elements of unregulated ponzi scheme:eek:

Been very profitable for some but for many (including some super schemes) it’s ending in tears :oops:

Status
Not open for further replies.