Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Custom HWP car number plate

Maci

Reaction score
Members Ride
2003 Holden Statesman
Used to be a Highway car floating around the local cop shop with number plates HWP-000 (HighWay Pooo lol)

Dont see it anymore though

Calaber

Nil Bastardo Carborundum
Reaction score
Members Ride
CG Captiva 5 Series 2
There was a pic floating around of a NSW Police car with IH8LEBS, white with blue lettering... not sure if it's legit, have picture for references though. I would've thought they couldn't have something like that...

The RTA vets all special number plate requests before approving them for issue. Not only is there absolutely no way a police car would ever wear plates like that, there is no way that plate would ever get issued in the first place, regardless of who asked for it.

Calaber

Nil Bastardo Carborundum
Reaction score
Members Ride
CG Captiva 5 Series 2
Used to be a Highway car floating around the local cop shop with number plates HWP-000 (HighWay Pooo lol)

Dont see it anymore though

Off thread a bit, but yesterday I saw a VY Exec with YSS plates - didn't bother catching the numbers. Mounted to the left of the rear plate was a "P" plate.

What a Pysser!

-Junior-

Reaction score
Members Ride
vn auto
There was a pic floating around of a NSW Police car with IH8LEBS, white with blue lettering... not sure if it's legit, have picture for references though. I would've thought they couldn't have something like that...

Bet that it's not at Bankstown or Auburn.:thumbsup:

robo455

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SS 6.0 Supercharged
Okay, today I saw an unusual number plate on a HWP car.

It was a blue plate, with "RBT" lettering.

Now, in NSW, specific lettering and coloured plates cost bux. For a private owner, the cost for this combination would be hundreds of dollars per year in addition to your rego.

I imagine that the police would get this plate combo for a substantially reduced cost,
perhaps cost free. What I can't understand is why a police car would have such plates. And, as "RBT" can only be issued to one vehicle, what other combinations are running around out there on HWP cars, and why?

Has anybody else seen similar plates on cars in NSW, or perhaps other states?

Hey just telling you that the NSW police went through a Trial Period testing the "RBT" or as we call it Random Breath Testing this car is to test the equipment before it gets issued to the normal Police and the NSW Police Force has a Unit Called traffic its like a Strike force Highway Patrol Squad that Has the Number Plates HWP 200-230

Hope This helps