Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Custom v6 manifold

cabcoupe

Reaction score
Members Ride
48 Vauxhall rod
immorality thats intersting to know but I like the high rise appearance of the series 1 & 2 and as this will be a budget build I more than likely I will go with one of them.

Cheers Mick.

Matt_vp

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
vy lumina v6 A4
If you do want something made up, eithier carbs or throttle bodies, send me a pm and we can have a chat. I have made a few manifolds both twin and single throttle bodies.

cabcoupe

Reaction score
Members Ride
48 Vauxhall rod
Matt
Its a shame you're on the other side of the country but that wont stop a chance for a chat. I'll pm you so we can have decent one.

Cheers.

ajvx01

Reaction score
Members Ride
308 vc
na i say post up pics for the rest of us to see??

cabcoupe

Reaction score
Members Ride
48 Vauxhall rod
Sounds fair. As everybody on any forum enjoy the pics so its up to you Matt. I'll do a follow up if I receive anything.

Cheers.

Matt_vp

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
vy lumina v6 A4
I dont have a problem posting pics of the end result or progress pics. I just need to know what you actually want and what your budget is. Cheapest way would be to keep the fuel injection and just run standard throttle bodies. I will need to know some measurments ect. aswell if you are keeping the bonnet.

pic of twins on vp v6 turbo.
DSCF0694.jpg

here it is prewelded.
http://forums.justcommodores.com.au...243986204-matts-turbo-6-pipe-ttb-manifold.jpg

Last edited:

cabcoupe

Reaction score
Members Ride
48 Vauxhall rod
Just out of curiousity. Dont take this the wrong way but how efficient would the ttb's operate if you are still drawing the same amount of air thru the one inlet of the same size. I would think you need a larger single inlet.

wugndx1.jpg

Sorry Matt this is the type of set up I'm looking for. its for my hotrod and I have plenty of height. I picked up a couple of VK tb's today will have a play around with them over the weekend to see if things work out.

Last edited:

Pub247

Reaction score
Members Ride
Ford Fairmont
vk ones prolly wont be that good as they have no IAC on them maybe you could run 2 and one v6 one

Matt_vp

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
vy lumina v6 A4
The twins was more for even air distribution over all 6 cyclinders. Out of all the engines i have been through, its been the rear 2 cyclinders that have let go. Since the air is compressed i dont really want to make the intake pipe any bigger than 3 inch. Ohh and im not drawing air, im pushing the stuff through those pipes.

The IAC valve can be mounted to the manifold if there isnt a spot for one on the throttle bodies. This is what im doing on my next manifold.

cabcoupe

Reaction score
Members Ride
48 Vauxhall rod
I had heard there was a design fault from GM with flow to the two rear cylinders.