Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

DAKSTERS VS Berlina

DAKSTER

Beam me up Scotty!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Berlina
Sorry for disappearing guys, haven't been well.

This car is now for sale, to be parted out most likely. A thread will appear in the FS section as soon as mods approve it.

The LS3 is sold, the rest of the car pretty much exactly as it was but a bit dirtier.

Demonica

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS clubsport
Welcome back dakster. Wraith and I were wondering if you were ok. Sorry to hear you haven't been well hun.

commodore665

expat Saffa
Reaction score
Members Ride
2005 SV6 & Alfa Romeo 156 V6
Welcome back mate , hope your health is on the mend .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2

Wombles

Cars cost too much.
Reaction score
Members Ride
'72 LJ Torana, '95 VS Acclaim and V8 wagon
Welcome back my friend. Hope all is going well.
A pity hearing these are up for sale. Wish I knew the LS3 was for sale...

VS 5.0

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV Z Series M6
You're absence was noted in another thread just today Dakster. How you are getting better.

DAKSTER

Beam me up Scotty!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Berlina
Thanks for the kind words guys and gal ;) ... sadly my health is terrible and getting worse every day. This was always going to happen and I have been beating the odds for years, now its time to face the music I guess.

They have taken my license off me as they don't consider me able to drive safely any more. Since I have neither the money or the ability to finish the projects, and would never get to enjoy the fruits of my labour anyway, I'm forced to get rid of these.

I now spend my time indulging my other passion.. computers. Just as expensive a hobby, but at least I can do it whilst sitting on my fat arse :rofl2:

Wombles, the guy who was building the LS3 snapped it up as soon as I told him I wasn't ever going to be using it after all. We negotiated on it, including some money I still owed him for labour, and he picked it up, complete with blower, for 20K.

Demonica, if Wraith is still interested in seeing what he can get my 3770K to do, I'd certainly be interested in seeing him try and learning some things... its now quite deep under water and ready to max out..

wraith

Hand over the dog bikkies
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX V6 Berlina. 2003 VW Passat
It's pretty straight forward now days. Heck on mine I have just bumped the multiplier to 45 and left the default clock speed of 100 mhz. Didn't have to touch anything else and it still downclocks to 1.6ghz when it's not being used.

DAKSTER

Beam me up Scotty!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Berlina
OK, I thought we had a discussion about this previously but maybe I was wrong.

I can get 48x 101 without doing anything else and be totally stable for 24hrs on Prime, but a mate of mine tried the chip on his (much fancier) board, under water, and tells me he got it to 5.3GHz but wont tell me how lol . The best I have managed is 5GHz but it wasn't real stable. Was hoping to learn some of the tricks of the trade... I have it on an Asrock Extreme4 with a 420x 60mm rad so heat is no longer an issue and I am keen to see what it will do.

wraith

Hand over the dog bikkies
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX V6 Berlina. 2003 VW Passat
I don't believe so mate. Been so long I can't remember. It's all about adjust voltages etc.