Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

[WA] Damage from storms yesterday

VS 5.0

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV Z Series M6
My mates 3 month old SV6 ute copped it on every panel aside from passenger door and rear qtr. Says it looks like a blue golf ball. Not a happy camper.

W84N01

Reaction score
Website
www.southwestcommodoreconnection.com
Members Ride
VN manual, VC 5L Auto, 80series GXL 4WD :)
Def ring your insurance company and make your claim dude. That is what they are there for.

my Mums house in Bedfordale was hit by lightening. Scared the absolute crap out of her as Dad is up North quoting on a job. Luckily for her it didn't cause any damage to the actual house, all the cars were safe and sound in the garage, but it fried her house alarm and the smoke alarms.

Said she has to move into the spare room to be able to sleep as the alarm company couldnt' come out until today to fix it, and the noise she said is unbearable, but she is willing to put up with it as she has her house andd the cars are safe and she was definately lucky the house wasn't split in two!!!!!

Kikki

WA Cruise Moderator
Reaction score
Website
www.christielynphotography.com
Members Ride
08 VE SSV Sportswagon & 03 VY S Pac
There is going to be a mass assessment center set up on Grogan Road near the international airport THIS Saturday. Also, anyone with glass damage is being told to just fix it, most glass companies are aware of this and are billing the insurance company direct rather than going through the claim process. There have been a number of email addresses made for customers to contact the call centers to make claims or ask questions, so before calling them, have a look at the website.

Davie05

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Executive
I work for a Car Rental company, we have about 25 cars out of service that look like swiss cheese atm, cracked windshields, cracked tail lights, plastic fascias around the windsceen and wipers with holes right through them and panels which have had more hits than Elvis, and many more damaged cars still to return. Its certainly been a busy week.

Reaction score
Members Ride
Audi A4 Quattro B8
I got a few dents but nothing to worry about. Can hardly see them. But given that the car is as close to as good as new as one can get, I will still get these fixed via insurance.

Mine was parked in the middle of the storm but under a big fat tree. Sorta wish it was parked in the open... wouldn't mind getting an insurance payout and buying an Audi or BMW earlier then the two years my lease is still active.

Smallies

Reaction score
Members Ride
VN Calais 3.8/ VN Calais 5.0/ VY Wagon
My parents were there in a hire car. The car got dented up a bit and the insurance company was asking for a $3,500 excess fee on the insurance. Dad cancelled the credit card the car was booked to and is now a fugitive on the run haha.

EDIT: ****, I didn't see Davie05's post above until just now. :p

Last edited:

victtor

Reaction score
Members Ride
vy 3.8
Ya dad is a good man cancelling credit card id do the same, thats a gutless act on insurance companys behalf wanting 3.5k excess due to a act off god ,same damage would have happened to them if car was parked up under there care outside