Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

dandy bums, how do i fix my door

vn_v6

Blumpkin
Reaction score
Members Ride
87 vl limited edition
okay, parked my vn infront of dandy RSL, in plaza, and some ****s stuck a flat head between door and handle, scratched my door up, manage to unlock door, but when you pull the handle nothing happens, door used to open from inside, but until today it doesnt, i took door trim off, and cant seem to re-connect those rods, any help?

DavoVP

Reaction score
Lucky your car was still there dude.

New door,

New handle

Or play untill you fix it man.

vn_v6

Blumpkin
Reaction score
Members Ride
87 vl limited edition
i know, they got so close, unlocked door but coudnt open it, investing in alarm ASAP

DavoVP

Reaction score
Ahh do you have central locking ? If the got it unlocked they snapped the plastic lug the metal rod sits in on top of the central locking module in your door.

Or they've just bent the **** outa **** in there and nothings lining up any more. Its just a matter of playing with what you've got until you find the exact problem and fix it, or go the easy way and grab a new door.

Either way i would be getting a new handle ASAP !

I had some mug try this on me as well. Rooted the door skin and bent the handle. Lucky the doors been panel beated and re-sprayed since :D

shaune_m

Reaction score
Members Ride
GS300 2JZ TURBO/ S2 RX7
Hey mate, Lucky it was still there. i work at plaza and have seen many vn/p/r that have suffered the same fate as yours, some worse.
As the others have said, new door/handle from wreckers is the best bet. Heaps around. Good Luck with the Alarm.
Shaune

mouce

Physics Geek
Reaction score
Members Ride
VN V6 Series 1 Executive Sedan
Pop the skin off one of the other doors and see how it all hooks up. See if you can get it to match the other door.