Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Dash Dims when sub kicks.

bandit10

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SS
if your page long article made my lights dim again then maybe... :p but seen as the power cap fixed it then no lol

StoneX

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Calais-V 6.0L
Stop saying "power cap" it's gay. It's simply a capacitor.

It should be one of the last things to try when diagnosing electrical issues. First things to do is to make sure the wiring throughout is adequate size, including grounding from battery to chassis and battery to engine block. The grounds should all be checked to ensure there is good contact to bare metal.

sweefu

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY Berlina V6 / R31 Skyline
Stop saying "power cap" it's gay. It's simply a capacitor.

It should be one of the last things to try when diagnosing electrical issues. First things to do is to make sure the wiring throughout is adequate size, including grounding from battery to chassis and battery to engine block. The grounds should all be checked to ensure there is good contact to bare metal.

StoneX is right here, everyone quick! Listen to him!

acarmody

Donati..Whoa Green
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Berlina
if your page long article made my lights dim again then maybe... but seen as the power cap fixed it then no lol

HAHA "Power Cap". Hey maybe its a capacitor that generates its own power, that would be awesome.

I remember someone telling me that a 1 farad cap holds about as much power as a AA Battery, any thoughts?

machete

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Executive
i noticed you mention that you have a 4G split into 2x 4G cables, each amp should have its own +ve power and earth of the same size or bigger, also if you have earthing issues, get some earth straps from your local auto shop and run multiple ground points to various parts of the chassis and body

King_berald

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Berlina Wagon
ahkk sweet...all my power and earths are 4gauge.....would a poor earth create a problem like this though? im going to try change the ground to the seatbelt bolts this weekend....hopefully that helps..

sweefu

Reaction score
Members Ride
Yep it would. Also run another power cable. 1 4awg cable for those 2 amps is not enough. Run another 4awg cable so each amp has its own 4awg power

King_berald

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Berlina Wagon
are you sure? my friend is running 2 amps aswell, one which is the same as mine and doesnt have the same problem...i have a slight feeling it might be my earthings..

sweefu

Reaction score
Members Ride
Its probably a combination of the both. Cant really compare the two stereo's mate unless its same car and same components exactly.

Really is best to fix all yours earths and go from there.