Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Davey's MY09 VE SSV

disorganise

Reaction score
Members Ride
F2 GTS 2015
I think the interior lighting looks great. What colour are your dial faces? Mine are blue and I'm wondering how the blue needles look during the day/early evening.
Does the two tone rev counter (red from 6k) happen by default or did you request it that way? I just checked mine and everything lights up red - absolutely everything. Does the battery/oil LCD also change to blue to match everything else? Sorry for all the questions but I'm really interested in this lighting mod but haven't seen any other VE pics posted.
It'd be great to be have a page somewhere either showing all the colour combo's possible or allowing one to select the colours and have them change - wish I knew how to use photoshop!

HSV085

Reaction score
Members Ride
16' VF2 Redline, 17' VF2 GTS
The phreddy lighting mod looks awsome mate, gonna have to get him to do mine when he's down in vic next as i missed out last time. How much did no limits charge you for the colour change on the lcd screen if you dont mine me asking?

davey g-force

I'm a sceptic...
Reaction score
Members Ride
02 RX7 S8 Spirit R 13B TT & 2013 Audi A3 1.8T DSG7
I think the interior lighting looks great. What colour are your dial faces? Mine are blue and I'm wondering how the blue needles look during the day/early evening.
Does the two tone rev counter (red from 6k) happen by default or did you request it that way? I just checked mine and everything lights up red - absolutely everything. Does the battery/oil LCD also change to blue to match everything else? Sorry for all the questions but I'm really interested in this lighting mod but haven't seen any other VE pics posted.
It'd be great to be have a page somewhere either showing all the colour combo's possible or allowing one to select the colours and have them change - wish I knew how to use photoshop!

Thanks mate.

My dial faces are red. I don't think it matters what colour they are - once the lights are on, it'll look the same.

The red on the rev counter from 6K is pretty much by default, although you can get it changed to whatever you like. I just thought that part should stay red (hence the term "redline" lol). I agree, the red from the factory is just so overwhelming IMO - EVERYTHING'S red!!

The little battery/oil etc icons can also be changed to whatever colour you like. Again, I decided this time to leave them red, since they're supposed to be warning lights. Mind you, in my old VY SS, I got Phreddy to change those to blue as well and it did look great.

The LCD screen colour is something phreddy can't change (yet). I sent my head unit down to No Limit Electronics in Melbourne, who re-programmed it to have the matching blue display. Cost me $125 including postage.

I hope this helps. I highly recommend this mod and phreddy is great to deal with - good luck! :thumbsup:

davey g-force

I'm a sceptic...
Reaction score
Members Ride
The phreddy lighting mod looks awsome mate, gonna have to get him to do mine when he's down in vic next as i missed out last time. How much did no limits charge you for the colour change on the lcd screen if you dont mine me asking?

Thanks y try :thumbsup:

See above - it cost $125 including postage (Melbourne to Sydney). I don't know of anyone else in the country who can do it.

maka5

-=U=-
Reaction score
Members Ride
07 VE SS M6
The new lights look awesome man...
Does anyone kno who can do it in melbourne... and roughly how much it would cost???

davey g-force

I'm a sceptic...
Reaction score
Members Ride
^^ Thanks man.

Phreddy does go down to Melbourne every now & then.

He can also sell you the kit but you need to be pretty advanced with a soldering iron or find someone who is, since the work is very fiddly and the potential for damaging the rest of the cluster is high.

Your best bet would be to contact Phreddy. Have a look in the ASR section of this forum...