Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

DCEIVDU's VN possible ex cop car :/

DCEIVDU

Reaction score
Members Ride
1990 VN SSV Enhanced 5.0, 1999 VT S Pac ll 3.8
Just a bit of a list of mods done/to be done

Ok i figured i might as well make a bit of a list of the progress so far as well as future mods so here it is.

Ride: 1989 VN Executive S1
Engine: 3.8l Buick V6
Engine Mods: Bigger Injectors, Forged Pistons and Rods, Mild Cam, Advance Headers, Lukey 3" with Hi-Flow Cat, Gas Removed, Yella Terra Roller Rockers, Pod Filter, NGK Platinum Plugs, Eagle Leads, Fresh Dose of Castrol GTX 20w 50 and Ryco Oil Filter
Transmission: Bog Stock 4spd Auto
Body: Bumpers Painted Black, Debadged, Side Trim Removed, VQ Statesman Black/Grey Seats, VN Calais Door Trims with VS Door Pods, Rockers and Thermo Fan Painted Smurf Blue.
Audio/Visual: JVC Multi Colour Change Headunit With USB/MP3/WMA etc, Pioneer 150w 6" Fronts, US Audio 180w 6" Rears, Clarion 500w 12" Sub and US Audio 330w Monoblock Amplifier.

Future Mods:
new power steering rack, upgraded brakes, lumpier cam, painted, paint rocker covers black, paint thermofan black, 6x9's for the rear, paint door cards, paint dash, convert to manual or get b&m shifter, custom boot install, rear venetians, lowered, maybe airbags, maybe different rims, LSD diff, climate control, calais dash, custom made rear lights, bodykit of some sort maybe.

Any comments on how the car currently looks and suggestions would be greatly appreciated. :)

DCEIVDU

Reaction score
Members Ride
Update: Calais conversion!!!!

I finally bit the bullet and decided, no statesman conversion.. instead i will go calais conversion :) will post pics as i go. Keep watching this thread

DCEIVDU

Reaction score
Members Ride
Helllp!!!

Ok thought i would just wing doing the power window conversion but it's not going well.. Basically i have the calais doors with the power window regulators in them and the wiring for the switch on each door. However, i have no idea what to do from here. If anyone can shed some light on my predicament, i would be very grateful. What parts do i need to finish this install? i have a series 1 VN Executive. Any how to's would be great. ive read the one for if you are putting your own regulators in but yeah i couldnt take much from it.

ShawtyNate

In the feels.
Reaction score
Members Ride
do you have the module for the power windows?

ShawtyNate

In the feels.
Reaction score
Members Ride
I would of just put the Calais doors on yours. Ripped all the electronics out and swapped it over.

DCEIVDU

Reaction score
Members Ride
That's what I'm doing. I'm putting the Calais doors on. Just need the rest of the Electrics. Andim not selling it anymore masterofreality

Sphinx

O.G.
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Calais II LS1
i sense excessive time will be spent on this project.. good luck man.