Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

dealer misleading

gen3_350_v8

Reaction score
Members Ride
ss vy 5.7l M6
vy series 1+2 ss utes have tc built in but are on constantly, i was told, i was also told u can get them turned off with a tune, also the difference between vy ss series 1-2 is series two have different wheels, different tail lights, fly by wire electric throttle control, and i think slightly different cloth trim but not to sure on that. either way your better off with a series one simply for the throttle cable, its more direct and responsive, also series 2 i think got 5 more kw from 235kw to 240kw? but nothing a tune cant fix, either series one or two with a mafless tune will reap the same results.

Not_An_Abba_Fan

Exhaust Guru
Reaction score
Members Ride
Strange Rover
Nope, it was 11/04 on the plate.

Unusual, the compliance and build dates are always a month or two different. But as Dr Bob says, the letter that corresponds to the build date in the VIN is what the car is classed as.

Trewman

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SSV
Series II is always an improvment over series I. They told you its a series II when it isn't. Get the difference between Series 1 & 2 given to you in $. Or if you arent fussed on another car get a full refund.

Last edited:

Not_An_Abba_Fan

Exhaust Guru
Reaction score
Members Ride
Strange Rover
Just had a chat to my boss about this, you can go to fair trading and see what they can do. If this car was actually advertised and sold as a series II then you have recourse. The end result will be what you can work out between the dealer and yourself. Consult fair trading first though.

JSK

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY S2 Clubsport M6
Thanks for the replies,went and saw the dealer today (central coast holden nsw) and talked to the sales manager the f#*kwit asked me why it took 4 months to figure this out whats the problem its only a matter of $200.Told him i was giving them a chance to fix this problem before involving the dept fair traders.He then threw the paper work at me which proves it was sold to me as a series 2 and said got to the fair traders.Got back to work and rang them who advised me i have all rights to go for a full refund as they have totally mislead you and broken the law.Now this situation has become about ethics and the fact they didnt care at all.If they done it to me who else will they or have they done it to b4.decided to go full full refund,hopefully the manager loses his job for costing the dealer $32000 and reputation.Will keep you informed.

nicko

Carbon Positive - DO IT!!
Reaction score
Members Ride
75 cruiser ute
sounds interesting mate,

Stick it to the man!!!!

Tom_1569

Ecotech Power
Reaction score
Members Ride
'14 SR5 Pusslux
I've got a mate who got ripped off by a car dealership for a different matter, but hes taking it as far as he possible can. Hes been on it for a year and intends to pull the dealership to pieces after their treatment to him. Hes had pretty good results already and could quit, but he intends on making it public for everyone else to know about, and so that everyone knows their rights when dealing with big companies. Stick to it mate, and bring them down as hard as you can, car dealerships have been ripping people off for years its about time people took a stand and brang these dealerships public so everyone knows and knows their rights against them.

Not_An_Abba_Fan

Exhaust Guru
Reaction score
Members Ride
Strange Rover
Dealerships don't rip people off, greedy sales people rip people off.

Tom_1569

Ecotech Power
Reaction score
Members Ride
'14 SR5 Pusslux
Dealerships don't rip people off, greedy sales people rip people off.

Very true, the situation im talking bout is a family business and it wasnt just the salesman but the service department and the manager/owner of the business.