Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Deano's HSV ClubsportR8 VXII

Dylan VT

Metal forever
Reaction score
Members Ride
VT commodore acclaim
That car is simply stunning. One of my favourite kind of commodores ever! :)

Stressball

Rolling on 4 again :D
Reaction score
Members Ride
Mitsubishi Triton
black VXII Clubby R8 is the definition of 'sex' :p Very shmick, love it :D

bugoy8

Reaction score
Hi Deano,

Awesome ride man. I'm thinking of installing the same HU. Appreciate if you could post some reviews of the Pioneer. Looks awesome on your car.

Read that you installed a switch, which allows you to operate the DVD while driving? What's the default setup? That you're only able to watch DVDs while on handbrake?

Thanks.

EXCESSV

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV
Hi Deano,

Awesome ride man. I'm thinking of installing the same HU. Appreciate if you could post some reviews of the Pioneer. Looks awesome on your car.

Read that you installed a switch, which allows you to operate the DVD while driving? What's the default setup? That you're only able to watch DVDs while on handbrake?

Thanks.
Hi mate,

thanks for the comments.

well a review hey....what can i say apart from the fact it is insane!!!!:thumbsup:
seriously i have been through alpine, clarion, kenwood, etc ...single din mind you but this thing absolutely pisses over everything else in double din that i looked at for what i wanted.

the features are enormous and soo many different add ons for extra stuff in the future.
the menus and setups are easy to use and the way its designed with the touch screen and use of physical buttons is great.....everything you wanna do is done via the touch screen apart from volume which it has the buttons for along the button plus some other ones if you cant be bothered using the touch screen.
the screen tilts at whatever angle suits.....
the whole system is easy to use and i am yet to look at the manual for anything.....

with the bluetooth adapter i can make & end calls from the HU with my phonebook uploaded into it...has missed, dialed, received call logs, etc just like your phone....the bluetooth adpater also allows bluetooth audio devices to be used.
ipod adapter is clear and sharp and there are no problems with it....sounds great and the display is very well done.

the downsides that i have found is the no navigation feature....but hey i will stick to the good old roadmap....
and the last one isnt really that bad but the filename, track name, etc display is cut after so many character so if the song name or what ever is really long then you wont see all of it.

in regards to the switch...."legally" the DVD playback should only be done while the handbrake is active so safety purposes.....
the switch i have basically means that i can watch DVD with handbrake off and flick it the other way and can only watch DVD with handbrake on

bugoy8

Reaction score
Awesome awesome awesome.

Yeah too bad about the SatNav huh. But then again, you can connect an external SatNav one of its RCA inputs right? That's what the salesdude told me anyway. Not something I'd do in the near future though. But at least the option to expand is there.

In terms of the legalities, when you install it, do you hook something to the handbrake to enable this constraint (ie. DVD playback only made possible when on handbrake)? Or is this something a driver would consciously do, thus making it the driver's manual effort not to watch DVDs while driving.

Guess will find out when I install it :)

Again, nice setup.

webwombat

Reaction score
Members Ride
MY10 VE SS-V wagon
I am a sucker for HSV R8 clubsports - instant drool :) The leather gear stick is looking a bit worn - how do you fix that? replace it? Love those big beefy front seats - what they like?

EXCESSV

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV
Awesome awesome awesome.

Yeah too bad about the SatNav huh. But then again, you can connect an external SatNav one of its RCA inputs right? That's what the salesdude told me anyway. Not something I'd do in the near future though. But at least the option to expand is there.

In terms of the legalities, when you install it, do you hook something to the handbrake to enable this constraint (ie. DVD playback only made possible when on handbrake)? Or is this something a driver would consciously do, thus making it the driver's manual effort not to watch DVDs while driving.

Guess will find out when I install it :)

Again, nice setup.

yeah you can go sat nav on one of the RCA inputs but at like a min of $1000 for a decent one i will stick to the good old $30 map...:rofl:

basically the deck has a earthing wire that is connected to the handbrake so when the handrake is on connection is made and the dvd starts playback only then....not sure of it exactly....

EXCESSV

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV
I am a sucker for HSV R8 clubsports - instant drool :) The leather gear stick is looking a bit worn - how do you fix that? replace it? Love those big beefy front seats - what they like?

yeah its a little worn but at $500 for a new one from HSV i think i will wait for a while....
the reason its so expesive it comes with the actual gear lever too....
was bidding on used one on ebay but when it got close to the price for new i decided not to....

those bucket seats are insane...seriously they just hug your legs and shoulders together and keep you tucked in tight.....it makes the driving so much better and comfy....
also holds you in when taking corners a little quicker than normal :whistling
but the only problem is you cant hold your drink between your legs when driving...:drink:

VX_CLUBBY

MR-57-LT
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Clubsport R8 M6
still looking after her i see any more mods yet exhaust, extractors?