Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Debadge your car in 10 minutes, WARNING dial up users

nicko

Carbon Positive - DO IT!!
Reaction score
Members Ride
75 cruiser ute
so the VT bonnet badges have the holes underneath?

just wondering because ive bought a monaro front bumper and its gonna look wierd with 2 holden badges on the front

Yes, the VT has holes in the bonnet. Maybe delete the monaro bumper badge.

Eliminator

Reaction score
Members Ride
Maranello red Vn V8 Calais
I want to take off the bonnet badge on my vn calais is it rivetted on or glued on?

MikesCalais

Trust me, I'm a Doctor
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Calais V International
im pretty sure the holden bonnet and boot badges are rivetted on, so youll have three(i think??) little holes in its place

i need to take off my rear badges which were put on in the wrong spot, id rather have no badges than dodgy looking ones! :( ill have to try this out

Eliminator

Reaction score
Members Ride
Maranello red Vn V8 Calais
i know for sure the vp commodore had it rivetted on, just not sure on the vn calais bonnet badge which i think MAY be simply glued on....

I suppose if it is rivetted on and i try taking it off with fishing line then it wont come off and be stopped by the solid rivett :)

and one know for sure?

lukeyVY

Reaction score
Members Ride
2004 VY Executive 2
Hey mate, thanks for posting this thread, very usefull! Just one thing, is it a personal thing to leave the holden logo on the back? Or is it illegal? Sorry i know its a stupid question.

Thanks.

nicko

Carbon Positive - DO IT!!
Reaction score
Members Ride
75 cruiser ute
Hey mate, thanks for posting this thread, very usefull! Just one thing, is it a personal thing to leave the holden logo on the back? Or is it illegal? Sorry i know its a stupid question.

Thanks.

I left the logo badge on there because there are 2 holes in the boot used to fix the badge there. If you take that badge off you need to have those holes welded/bogged up and then the boot sprayed up again. Having said that some **** badged my boot so i just put two little plugs in there as i wont replace it until i sell the car.

Its not illegal though.

Cheers

salty

Reaction score
Members Ride
2005 VZ Commodore Exec. Wagon
Hey all, this is a great thread, I had a question that I didn't see previously brought up unless I'm blind and just missed it hah.

A while ago someone hit the back end of my statesman and it had to go in and get some work done including replacing the strip of plastic across the back of the boot.

It's a '99 WH Statesman and the panel shop said they couldn't get hold of an original boot trim for it which had S T A T E S M A N written across it in letters, so they had to get the Series II one, which of course has Statesman Series II written on it.

I was thinking of de-badging that trim so it's just a long strip of reflective plastic with nothing on it.

Will the process in this thread work the same on plastic? Just shearing off the badge and using a solvent to get rid of the glue? Being careful that the solvent doesn't do anything nasty to the plastic?

Cheers!

savage1987

Donating Member
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Members Ride
LS1 VN + WK Grange 0010 + HPW VX SS
Yep. I've pulled the badges off VN garnishes and VT garnishes before with no worries. If it leaves a mark, the same polishes that work on your paintwork can generally be used on the garnishes too. For example, when I'm down to the last couple of polishes on a car in a full detail, I'll buff some the head- and tail-lights with some mid to fine compound. Brings them up a lot clearer / newer looking.

Sam