Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Debadge your car in 10 minutes, WARNING dial up users

TAC89

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Executive S2
cheers for that post, i just bought a new boot garnish, so im gonna take off the badges before i put it on.

crackles23

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS 5 Litre
Hey mate, thanks for posting this thread, very usefull! Just one thing, is it a personal thing to leave the holden logo on the back? Or is it illegal? Sorry i know its a stupid question.

Thanks.

Nah its not a law thing, but I have noticed some cars have 2 holes where the holden badge is, my VS never did but not sure which models do, so unless u want to bog the holes I would suss that out first.
Not a silly question dont worry, laws change all the time, hard to keep up with.

crackles23

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS 5 Litre
alright seems my post was a year too late lol, sorry guys but yea some cars have holes, cant remember if its at the front or back, but I love the holden badges, the rest can go, stupid executive badges making me feel cheap :p

YZ250

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SS CREWMAN
Just a Note I took the Rear Lion Emblem off my VZ SS Crewman and this has two holes. So to get them filled the Touch up Guy is telling me I need to paint the whole Tailgate after filling, So I may just paint the Lion in Black same as the car .

I hope this helps anyone before they remove

VS dream

Lets go cruising!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Executvie SeriesII
hey mate if your could get a guide on the strips up please that would be fantastic
i debadged and it worked perfectly i just grabbed some of dads polish for after and used vanilla fridge wipe for pre hahaha

Sky

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SV6 Utility Series II
Nice guide! Made it sound easy, very sure I want to try this.
Probably stupid question here:

1. Will the washing chemicals affect the paint protection (Conned into 'new' paint protection technology from Holden, doesn't need waxing etc). Anything I should know?
2. What glue would you use to stick a new badge on with?
3. Holden dealers wouldn't care about these modification would they?

Sky.

ink

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SV6
Yeah, I'm a bit concerned about this too....I'd like to ditch the badges on the rear of my VE....but a bit worried about damaging the paint, in theory the fishing line/prepsol method sounds logical and safe but Im a worrier

The main and smaller badges on the boot of a VE is only glued as far as I can see.....can anyone confirm that?

I work in maiintenace in a massive luxury residential complex, there are vehicles that havent moved in years everywhere that the pricks with too much money leave lying around, including a nice SS gathering dust that just saddens me everytime I pass her.....might find a neglected ford away from the CCCs and have a practise
shush.gif

abclarke

Reaction score
Members Ride
2002 VXII S
Hey guys i did my VX S II today and it all went well except for the S logo on the boot lid. It was a different material than the rest, the v6, commodore and series 2 badges all came off perfect with some fishing line but i had to hack and pick for atleast 90 mins to get the S off.

It was strange, came off in bits and i ended up leaving little scratches from the fishing line. Other than that the series 2 badge ripped slight little bits of paint off with it but only noticable from like 1m and closer. All in all it looks sweet and gave me a good excuse to polish my car :p

Will post pics up tonight when i give my car a proper first photoshoot in a car park :)