Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Debadge your car in 10 minutes, WARNING dial up users

Jebadayah

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SV6
Yeah VE 06 has holes for boot lion. Pretty sure I have read elsewhere on here that they did change it in 07 or 08 to a glued on badge. Have just taken Commodore and SV6 badges off using OP's method and it came up really nice, my paint has been well cared for so no fade marks at all. I also resprayed grill and front lion Satin Black, will have to remove boot badge, respray that and glue it back on to match I guess :)

Coast_Calais

sick of the idiots here
Reaction score
Members Ride
varies
Yeah VE 06 has holes for boot lion. Pretty sure I have read elsewhere on here that they did change it in 07 or 08 to a glued on badge. Have just taken Commodore and SV6 badges off using OP's method and it came up really nice, my paint has been well cared for so no fade marks at all. I also resprayed grill and front lion Satin Black, will have to remove boot badge, respray that and glue it back on to match I guess :)

post pics or gtfo!!! lol j/k

but yeah, pics :D

kid_720datto

Reaction score
Members Ride
1994 Hilux V6
hey,
good thread and quite old. haha. anyway will be doin this in the next couple of days of so.

ok so i know this was dumb now, i put a magnetic p plate on the bonnet and after about 3 months or so tried to pull it off to wash the car. the white sticker part that has the 'P' on it came off but the magnetic part has somehow baked it self onto the bonnet. if any one could help or has any ideas gettin it off would be bloody good.

thanks

ollie_69_96

Reaction score
Members Ride
Cosmo Purple VY II SS M6
Decided to de-badge my commodore & series II badges today while painting my callipers and it looks like the previous owner has glued the C & O at the beginning of commodore.
Does anyone know how I can get this off without damaging my paint or will I just have to put the badges back on?

J

JUDDO13

does the bonnet and tailgait badges on a vu commodore have holes in it?

ssv183

BAZINGA
Reaction score
Members Ride
SSV CBR1000rr
I used the fishing line and the orange sticky stuff remover from woolies, followed by a bit of ScratchX works great and is CHEEEEP!! just my .2cents worth

Yeh thats it really, u can have a crack with anything i guess but id just be warning people about what solvents they are applying to their paint. The prepwash is only 10bucks and is designed for it so its just a bit safer specially if the paint is in bad condition. u dont want metho or turps getting under the paint and flaking out.

tHe_sTiG

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Executive
Hi there! Thanks a lot for this write up mate! Just debadged my chev-badged VZ, really helpful and great end results! Though I'd like to know the idea behind adding the polish after all the work is done?

No fishing lines here in this desert of a country. Weirdly enough, decided on dental floss :D Worked pretty good too. Turtle Wax Bug and Tar remover did the job pretty well in removing the remains of the glue, no worries about the wax / clear coat with that stuff.

johnnyy

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX equipt
hey mate
i looked at another persons post and removed my badges the way they said, but for some reason it removed the gloss that was under the 'commodore' badge and the 'equipt' badge. so basically there is 2 rectangles left where the 2 badges used to be.. what do i do? i tried a cut n polish but it didnt do anything

Hym1e

Reaction score
Members Ride
2007 VE SV6
Might Be writing this in the wrong area. I have an sv6 and planning on taking off the rear holden badge. Does anyone know if it has the pins like the older badges or is it just a sticker? Planning on putting on a senator spoiler so i can see out the back easier.

Hym1e

Reaction score
Members Ride
2007 VE SV6
Ok, so im sick of seeing the badges on my vt executive. After searching through the forums i noticed there are many different ways to go about it. So i thought i would add the way i debadged my car becuase it only took me 10 minutes and i just sat there not much effort required.

Ok, now here are the products that i used. 3 rags, Nu Finish polish ($17), Prep wash ($10) and some 15lb fishing line worked fine and didnt break after doing 5 badges with one piece.

DSC_0608_edited-1.jpg

Ok so now get some fishing line about 500mm will do fine.

wrap it around your hands or both index fingers, and run it behind the badge u want to remove. use an up and down slicing motion to cut through the glue.

Watch u dont cut yourself with the fishing line. Each badge will take about 20seconds to come off.

Once the badge is off u will be faced with a black lump of glue and prob a decent about of dirt. Using one of the rags dip it lightly into the prepwash and apply it to the glue remains. This will soften it up.

MAKE SURE U DO NOT ALLOW THE PREPWASH TO DRY ON YOUR PAINT!!!

so use another one of the clean rags to wipe off any prepwash that runs down the panel.

Using either a finger nail or your thumb start picking away at the glue it will come off in small bits. I simply got it started with my nail and then rubbed along the glue with my thumb and its slowly rolled up into a ball. kind of like getting blue tak off a mirror.

Once the bulk of the glue is gone apply more prepwash and rub using a finger under your prepwash rag and rub at the left over glue and tape. it will remove any residue and get rid off the dirt marks from the years of build up.

Now most of the glue and dirt will be gone, rub off any excess prepwash.

Apply your polish with a clean soft cotton rag slightly damp and buff over the area where the badge was located. Allow to dry (approx 1 minute) and wipe off with the other end of the rag.

U can continue to add more prepwash to remove any stubborn marks just ensure that u wipe it away, and then polish it again.

Here is the end results of 10 minutes work;

DSC_0604_edited-1.jpg

DSC_0605_edited-1.jpg

DSC_0603_edited-1.jpg

DSC_0606_edited-1.jpg

DSC_0607_edited-1.jpg

Post or PM any questions related.

hope this will help you on your debageing attempts

Thanks for the write up. Followed your method and works perfectly. Dont know what they used on the walkinshaw badge but that was a B***h to get off. and after taking the lion off i found some locater holes :( luckily the new spoiler is going over it i suppose.