Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Debaging Your Car

The1985divo

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Calais V
This could be a stupid question , when i brought my car it has no badges, how come people debage them, nothing on the outside of my car says holden lol

BTW it had a new paint job

MaNiac_VP

Mr Moderator !
Reaction score
Website
www.justcommodores.com.au
Members Ride
VPII Calais
A couple of reasons spring to my mind, to make your car look sleeker, to hide the fact that it may be an exec or a V6, to suit a bodykit, after a respray? etc etc.

Don't see many Calais, SS, HSVs etc that are debadged thow.

R

Robbie

I know I am debadging mine when i get a bodykit. It's an ecotec V6 badge, it is a bit scratched.. so i am gonna take it off.. i changed rear Garnish's a while ago and that took away my Berlina badge...

I think most people that get things re-sprayed take the badges off..

Cheers,

Robbie

D

death-from-above

Taking off the front and rear Holden badges (Lion) though is not considered to be making the car look slicker, rather some little punk has decided to take it and put it on his shitbox laser to add 10kW

I took the berlina and holden badge off the back to make it look cleaner, i also took off the ABS sticker from the rear windscreen and considering wether to leave the SRS symbols on the side...

The1985divo

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Calais V
QUOTE rather some little punk has decided to take it and put it on his shitbox laser to add 10kW

Add 10k must get sum HSV badges then if that works lol

D

dumpd6

it makes the car look tuff as with out poxy holden badges i seen a vt the other day de badged dumpd it made it look killa made it stand out from the crowd more of a muscle car look

but like maniac said you wouldnt go de badge a hsv because you want every one to know its a hsv

Gobbles

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Acclaim Series II
in my opinion i would take off all the badges bar the mighty lion makes it look alot cleaner...though i still have the outline of HOL and EN and of ACCLA :S guess which model mine is :|

M

mza

just personal taste
depends on the car and all sorts
ive got a vh and im going to leave the holden lion on grille, commdore on sides of front chrome bumper and commodoe on left of boot, but most ppl will take em off because you know its a commodore and if it WAS a plain ecotec v6 it probably isnt anymore like some holdens you see with chevy badges, that can look good.

jetspin_vn

JetSpin Racing Team
Reaction score
Members Ride
VN GTS
Personally I like the look of a VL without the rear badges, its nice and stealth. I also removed the standard front badge and fitted a VP style one, it looks far better esp with my satin black bumpers.

Mike

DJ Majah

Electro doof doof styleé
Reaction score
Members Ride
VSII cruiser
Most of the Commodores you see cruising around with no badges and some guy who looks like a lamer driving, are debadged because the car is actually a Lexcen and he wants to look cool in a commie