Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Debaging Your Car

D

death-from-above

Yeah but a lexcen can be eaisly spotted by the toyota in the boot lid centre, and different front and rear bumpers. Not to mention many other various items that i cant be bothered naming. Oh and if you were to buy a lexcen and turn it into a commodore, then you know they are a tosser for the amount of money they wasted on what is still a crapota.

Troy

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX V6 Auto 128rwkw, VZ V6 Lumina wagon stock
Just in case someone doesn't know this, an easy way to remove your car badges, if you chose to do so, is to use dental floss under the badge. Pull it back and forth like a saw, it'll cut through the adhesive backing without scratching the paintwork.
Then all there is to do is to clean off the rest of the adhesive tape (grease and wax remover is ok) and pollish the area where the badge use to be.

VXWAGMAN

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Series 2 V8 Berlina Wagon A4
Haha i opened up this thread to see what debaging your car was all about.. lol

Debadging..

xstatic

Reaction score
Members Ride
vt gen 3 berlina
i was lucky when i bought mine because the car had been recentely re-sprayed and already had the badges removed

cheers

scott

R

Robbie

QUOTE (VXWAGMAN @ Feb 22 2004, 12:43 AM) Haha i opened up this thread to see what debaging your car was all about.. lol

Debadging..
Lol..

Well spotted... I didn't even notice

Robbie

Wombat

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX-II Lumina Sedan
Getting onto the "Lexcen/Commodore" debacle.....
I saw an owner of a Lexcen getting very hot under the collar with a friend of mine in the local AutoBarn store (then Bumpa-T-Bumpa).
The guy wanted a rear window louvre for his "Toyota Lexcen", and my mate brought out a louvre, saying "There you go", but no...this one won't do...it says "VN/VP Commodore"...I want one for a Lexcen!
After much arguing, my friend took the louvre out the back, stripped off the sticker and left the small name brand sticker, and handed it back, aplogising and saying he had just found one out the back. The Lexcen owner happily paid and went off, obviously feeling all righteous.....

Oh, and I actually debadged and then badged a car once...it was a UC Sunbird...I removed the crappy "Sunbird" badges, and the "L" off the front mudguards. I bought two new "SL" badges for the guards, and a VR-type rear "HOLDEN" chrome badge to go on the bootlid.
It hid the fact I was driving a grandads car, and also looked a heap better and could pass for a Torana.....
I also did a similar thing with a VK Calais we owned. The crap silver painted plastic badges on the bootlid of that model reached a new low in "quality", so I bought the HOLDEN and CALAIS from the VR model, the nice fat chrome ones, and it dressed up the bootlid no end compared to the cheap looking originals.

holdenrules

Reaction score
I always said if I ever win the lotto, I'd buy a whole stack of Holden and Commodore badges and rip off and replace every single Lexcen badge I saw! What a bloody insult to call them a jap crap Toyota ;)

Infus10n

Reaction score
Members Ride
Holden Captiva (Work Demo)
I debadged my car but left the holden lion symbol on the front and rear, makes the car look alot cleaner and smoother.

I recommend to all.