Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Deep Pan & Wide Mouth V8 A6

ryan101

Reaction score
Members Ride
vx ss
Cheers will look more closely when I've put a few extra kms on it

scouser king

Reaction score
Members Ride
06 VE SS
Thread dig for the last time lol. I have the kit on my 06 SS and I'm about to sell the car. Does anyone know the the correct part number for just the filter and if it's available in Australia for the cars new owner.
Thanks.

PIR4TE

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
Black Pearl
Thread dig for the last time lol. I have the kit on my 06 SS and I'm about to sell the car. Does anyone know the the correct part number for just the filter and if it's available in Australia for the cars new owner.
Thanks.

The 6L90 wide mouth filter part was an exotic mystery before the release of the GenF GTS, now it should be available through Holden / HSV. Repco part number will be: Jxf609000 and $60-$80 from them.

Why are you selling / what are you getting?

scouser king

Reaction score
Members Ride
06 VE SS
Time for a change. I'm looking at getting VF SV6 wagon

Garcia

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SS Sportwagon
Sorry to resurrect an old thread, but are people doing the deep pan/wide mouth mod to avoid a transmission cooler, or would you do both?

I'm planning to do a track day or two (light..Winton & Sandown nothing serious, no extended sessions), and was originally just going to go a pwr trans cooler, but then after reading this thread was contemplating this instead... Can I do just 1, if so which would be best, or should I be doing both?

Getting the transmission fluid replaced at next service, so want to do it all together.

ozNick

Reaction score
Members Ride
VL Berlina 3.0 Auto
I'm (hopefully) going to flush and replace the standard filter on the A6 transmission in the VE Calais this weekend.
I am adding a factory trans cooler, dipstick, drain plug and some decent magnets.

Depending on the results a may then do a 500ml overfill. Last option will be the deep pan and wide mount filter.

Asmodai78

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Calais V Sportwagon
Is this kit being sold in Australia yet or do we still have to order from the states?

Banjo79

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SS Sportwagon
Good question. I wrote to Greg at Pace Performance weeks ago about this kit and never heard back.

Garcia

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SS Sportwagon
I contacted Greg via the G8board.com forums (Radrace19) and put the order through on Friday.