Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Defect ... :(

Ev0LuTioN

Unknown
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Exec. 2001
Son of a bi*ch. I went for a cruize through Surfers today and this cop car was following me for about 5 minutes. I didnt have my music loud or anything. He then turns on his bling bling lights and I pull over.

Then he comes over, and he goes "What percentage is your tint mate", and I go hmm ummm Im not too sure (playing dumb). He then goes to his car and brings this purpleish card. Opens the back door and sticks the card on theother side of the window and goes "Can you tell me what it says on this card", and ofcourse being a 5% tint I couldnt even see the bloody thing not try reading it lol. So i was like "umm nah, not really".

He takes me license and goes to his car, and tells me to sit in mine. Comes back a few minutes later with a yellow slip and goes "this is a $75 fine, all of your tint must come off, If I catch you later this evening or tomorrow or any other day on the street and this tint isnt off or changed we will take your car, as your are a defect on the road". Before he went to his car he asked me If I was still at the same address (probably going to come down here a few times to see if the car is going to be on the road).

He also said "The legal tint and MAXIMUM is 35%. Now, my front windows are 20% and its not that dark. 35% is like nothing to me really.

Now, what am I going to do. Because If i drive the car and they see me, Im f*cked. If I take the tint off, car is going to look so sh*t. If I change the tint it is going to cost some money lol, because now days they charge for the take off anyways. Or I could go to the guy who did my tint and who him the fine? Maybe he can do something?

Im so pissed off !!! ARGHHHHHHHHHHHh

Anyone's opinion is appriciated.

Thanks.

alex.

mattman

Reaction score
Members Ride
'00 WH V6
get new tint... sorry mate but it's pretty common knowledge that 35% is legal max..

Z

Z()LTAN

do they make a 20%? cos i rekon that would b nice n dark and still ud b able to see stuff through it

Shounak

The Kicking Horse
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Executive S2 + XF Panel Van Project
Ev0LuTioN said:
Yeah well the fu*khead who was doing my tint didn't tell me that and I didn't know sh*t about tinting back then .... :(
Maybe kick up a fuss with the f*ckhead?

The copper's just doing his job though.. Can't really blame him..

Oh and maybe just best to dump the tint.. See if you can negotiate an exchange or something with the f*ckhead..

Z

Z()LTAN

i agree if u cant see some writing like 1cm after the glass it may b a little dark..

Just_Ice

Reaction score
Shops will put anything on your car that you want. There is no fall back on the shop at all. You run the risk of having it on there..... People know its illegal but do it anyway and whinge when they get defected........

Just get it stripped but on 35% and live with it like others do......

marcu5

Reaction score
Members Ride
02VX & 07VE SS
Can you tell us what it says on the card so that we know what to say incase were put into that situation?

Also I would reckon he asked your address to make sure it was current. If you would of said "no" his next question would of been "when did you move?" If you would of said "more then 14days ago" he would of written you out another fine. (QLD law) In my opinion its revenue raising and the Governments way of keeping tabs on us ;)

You have to watch exactly what you say as your defence/guilt starts at your words ;)

ciaranvt

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Commodore Exec.
get solartint onyx

i have a friend who has darker than legal tint, and my onyx tint is darker, but perfectly legal (35%)