Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Defect ... :(

Ev0LuTioN

Unknown
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Exec. 2001
Aight just a little update.

The guy that did my windows has the same card as cops do. The card says the following "35% but in bubble writing lol, pretty hard to read" and its purple. Now through 20% card is visable and so is the writing. So what Im going to do is change backdoors and rear window to 20% and then he will give me the receipt and then I will go to police station and tell them that I have changed the tint and also to get me off their computer.

Hopefully this is the last time I will have trouble with tinting ....

myberlina

BAD COP! NO DOUGHNUT!!!
Reaction score
Members Ride
2006 VE Calais
I wish I had a darker tint... stop the ugly pricks at the traffic lights next to ya staring at you.

My tint is only the Holden original tint... quite weak actually. Does anyone know what the original tint percentage is for VXII Berlina by any chance?

mattis96

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vp Commodore
i still didnt think that they gave you any paper work for the tint being 20 percent still anyway cause its still illegal. im getting mine done 18 percent all round next week and he said its just cash in hand with no paper work so they can cover there asses i guess, and that was the guys at tint a car so good luck with your tinting problems

JB33

Reaction score
I know it probably sounds very lame but from what I understand if the tinting shop put their decal on the job 99% of the time it should be legal.

When I bought my VX2 from the dealer part of the deal was window tinting I was asked what I wanted & I replied maximum legal tint - to this day I can only presume thats what I got...

wonder how the roadside revenue inspector goes with some of these mirror tints we are starting to see around?

I may be showing my age here but the more excuses you give for some bored johnny hopper who hasnt made quota this month to pull you over the less you would be likely to get away with - window tinting or forced induction? big stickers or decent cam?...

Tasmaniak

Not a valid input....
Reaction score
Website
www.ranjinstallations.com.au
Members Ride
VR Stato, C180 Kompressor, Prado and Ka
Everytime you modify your car you HAVE to investigate the legalities of it.

More fool you I say.

Shounak

The Kicking Horse
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Executive S2 + XF Panel Van Project
12Voltking said:
Everytime you modify your car you HAVE to investigate the legalities of it.

More fool you I say.
I conditionally agree with that.. When I got my pod.. I called everyone, cops, vicroads, EPA to check the legality of it..

I even took it to a cop shop to get em to check it out..

I want to make damn sure I'm driving a legal car..